PDA

View Full Version : Crisis in tank - FLOOD

bmallia82
10/06/2006, 01:35 PM
HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!

Need ADVICE

Walked into my house to find 45 gallons emptied out of my 110gallon system. My return hose to the canister filter I was using popped out of the tank and emptied all it could. My tank is on the second floor and leaked all the way down to the basement. Amazing the trails that water takes. Carpet on 2nd floor soaked and sheetrock/paint not looking good on main floor and in basement. Also shorted out a couple of light swithces on the way down.

What to do. Any ideas!! Help..

As far as tank goes my buddy has a 2,000 gallon system and I was able to replenish my tank with cycled water. SO my tank is back in action but the house is a mess.

Shiandy
10/06/2006, 01:42 PM
Sounds likes it time to put a call into the insurance co. ?

HumanIMDB
10/06/2006, 01:50 PM
And try to convince them that your toilet leaks saltwater. ;)

bmallia82
10/06/2006, 01:50 PM
Are you able to do that? I mean I added a canister filter to the tank. Wouldnt that be an act of negligence so to speak. If so, What do I do when I call. First off, I have to have my parents do that. Do you need pictures, what happens. Etc.. Not a bad idea.

Shiandy
10/06/2006, 02:15 PM
I cant see any reason why you could not get them involved, it was a accident, obviously I have no idea what ur insurance details are. But I know mine covers "Accidental Damage".

Reno Reef
10/06/2006, 03:37 PM
You may also need to watch for a mold problem, if that water sits in the walls too long.

coralnut99
10/06/2006, 03:46 PM
Go to a Rental Center and rent some big fans. If the sheetrock has started to sag, buy some plastic drop cloths and put them under the obvious areas. Poke a hole through it first in case it's still retaining water. Have a bucket handy for this. If it's bad enough, you'll just have to rip down whatever sheetrock is damaged. Defnitley take pics and call the Ins. Co. Can't hurt. Unless you're handy, call an electrician asap about the switches. Good Luck.

Earl45
10/06/2006, 04:19 PM
You probably can't just dry that out. You need an insurance guy to come out asap :(

Sorry man