PDA

View Full Version : Some flow questions/suggestions

sandstorm1221
10/06/2006, 08:51 AM
I can't remeber if I asked about the Sieo's or what, cuz I can't find my thread that I thought I posted.

Well anyway, Ive been wanting more flow. I have done a little research on them and from what most people are saying is they fail after being turned on and off repeatedly. Some have had great ones, others not so much.

My question on that is if they are not being turned on and off, are they good? I don't inted on them being turned on and off very often.

Second suggestion:

I've also looked into the maxi jet mod. It seems simple enough, but I can't seem to find any information about flow rates outa the mods. Anybody know?

Third question:

I've also done some research into a closed loop using a mag 7. It seems like it will give lots of flow...but how can I use it to keep my detius in suspention. If the outlets only come from the back, is there a way to aim them to where I need them?

Alright, any suggestions or comments to help me along with this decision? Maybe a combo of those mentioned above?

quiksilver
10/06/2006, 09:08 AM
1st question: Simple answer.. NO! It's made by Rio, its not a matter of it will fail, its a matter of when. And if it doesn't fail, it will probably end up eletricuting your livestock. This doesn't mean you don't have options for more flow. From cheap to high end you can increase flow with ease such as the max jet mod on a few 1200s, a tunze, or if you have the cash I would get a vortech.

2nd question: Closed loops can definetly keep detritus in suspension. You can attach a SCWD or a Sea Swirl. Let me know if you need more info. on either option.

jbrunken
10/06/2006, 09:16 AM
To answer your question, I believe a modded maxijet 1200 puts out at least 2000GPH.

Here's a video of one of mine in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxfdxpKJRI

You can tell by the mini-tornado that it's sucking in a LOT of water...

-JB

sandstorm1221
10/06/2006, 09:18 AM
Wow that MJ 1200 does push some water. Ill take some advice on either option..its always welcome. Thanks

Shooter7
10/06/2006, 09:25 AM
Two Seio 1500's here for almost 10 months without any problems.