PDA

View Full Version : Jungle dip sticks ok to use for general tank readings?

treminga
10/05/2006, 06:55 PM
I have been using Aquarium Pharmaceuticals brand liquid test kits for my readings, but I was thinking for the quicker later tests, are the Jungle brand dip tests ok to us, all my local aquarium stores use them to test water, but not sure how much faith I put in that.

Indermark
10/05/2006, 07:05 PM
I use the jungle strips mainly to do a fast test for nitrite and nitrate. When i run out i will not be replacing. The pH test is worthless and difficult to read. If you want accuracy look into the more expensive kits.

Ryan

mg426
10/05/2006, 07:25 PM
I would not use the dip test strips if someone gave them to me for free!!!!!!

showtime305
10/05/2006, 07:54 PM
I don't think they are reliable.

RobsReefs
10/05/2006, 08:26 PM
they suck

Shagsbeard
10/05/2006, 08:48 PM
They should only be used to confirm or deny that which you already know... in other words, they're ok for occasional use. Pet stores use them because they're cheap and they get a lot of experience using them. Until you know them by heart, they really aren't all that accurate. Beginners should use much more refined tests until they get to know what it is that they're actually seeing. Once you get a year or two under your belt, you can use those tests quite accurately. But they're simply too hard to read for any novice to gain useful information from.