PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken Domestic Abuse

ralphie16
10/05/2006, 02:42 PM
Found my mollie floating around my tank the other day with no head. Looked at her two tank mates and couldn't figure out who did it. One is the black mollies mate and the other is a baby puffer. Now I don't really want to get into anyone else's personal business, but the two mollies have been bickering for the past few days. You see, the male molly just knocked up the female mollie a couple of weeks ago. And you guys know how women get when they are expecting. Well, looks like he didn't do wat she wanted so maybe she bit his head off?

I know it couldn't have been the puffer. Looking at me with those huge bugged eyed face...no way. Way to sweet.

And what do I come home to today at lunchtime? You guessed it. There I was enjoyed my mid-day snack while watching the fishies and all of a sudden I see the puffer turn around and try andn bite the head off the other molly!! The little monster!

The mollie got away but barely! She hid in the rockwork but the puffer kept going at it! Well I had to do what I had to do and even though I still suspected it was her who bit off her boyfriend's head, I did the right thing and rescued her out of the tank. She is now sitting in her own tank, although missing her right eye and a big bruise on head.

Will update on her condition as it unfolds.

goda
10/05/2006, 03:10 PM
LMAO
" And you guys know how women get when they are expecting. Well, looks like he didn't do wat she wanted so maybe she bit his head off?

I know it couldn't have been the puffer. Looking at me with those huge bugged eyed face...no way. Way to sweet"

funny for some one hwo lost a fish

alkataz
10/06/2006, 01:28 PM
Puffers can be very aggressive even when small and they are carnivores so your poor mollies are just a convient snack. They are way to passive and a bit small to be housed with that puffer. I have a puffer and know from first hand experience that they should be housed with fish that are as aggressive and large as they are or you are asking for trouble.