PDA

View Full Version : Green acro discharge

matasw
10/04/2006, 08:26 PM
Saturday I got a loose piece of green acro from a local guy, I mounted it on a tonga branch and it was doing fine. Until today when i decided to go wild on some nasty red algae. In the process it broke off the branch and layed on the crushed coral for a few minutes for I noticed it. I set it back down gently on the branch however I did not mount it because i'm out of glue :( Its sitting up at a angle with part of the base touching the branch. However theres white stuff coming off of it which seems to be floating around the tank now and tangling itself up in the coral. This doesn't seem good. What should I do? Yank the green acro and pull all the guey stuff?

theatrus
10/04/2006, 08:39 PM
Its simply sliming up from stress. I'd leave it be for now and let it sit, the sliming will go away on its own.

matasw
10/04/2006, 08:42 PM
u think it'll mount it self? even though its not straight up only part of it is touching the base?

theatrus
10/04/2006, 08:44 PM
It will mount its self, but it will take awhile (month+) for new growth to encrust. You can mount frags sideways as well, which is sometimes actually prefered.

matasw
10/04/2006, 09:39 PM
i've been using the little tubes of staples super glue. seems to work well for the soft corals but for the harder/branchy corals they seem to pop off. I also have a piece of birds nest I mounted on sunday its turning white at the base where the superglue was is this normal? I dont think the tubes i'm using are gel shoudl I use gel or epoxy instead?