PDA

View Full Version : UV stabilizer results

stkitts
10/04/2006, 01:20 PM
I reviewed the pros and cons for a UV stabilizer. I am pleased to report success on a number of areas that led me to this purchase. My biggest concern was a reoccurring ich problem. I have some hippo tangs that never were 100% ich free. Today, after a month of UV, I notice no speckles and no fish scraping on the rock. I thought my water was clear before, but now have a new definition of water clarity. It is pristine and crystal clear. Two other problems that received solutions; by directing my calcium reactor intake into my UV outlet, I solved the problem of my reactor loosing its’ prime every couple of days. This saved the purchase of an additional pump. I also had a circulation problem in the last chamber of my sump. I have a top off float valve in this chamber and it trapped bubbles and foam around it creating a debris dam. The flow from the UV exhaust was directed on this area and eliminated the problem. My tank has never looked better or healthier. All corals, soft and hard are thriving and my fish are vibrant and active. I dose daily with live phyto and continue to see the results even after the UV.

Karl H
10/04/2006, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear your 'stabilizer' is working :)

Shiandy
10/04/2006, 03:56 PM
Wish I could get a 'Stabilizer' over here, all they sell are Sterilizers ;)

Nice to hear about your success, I was looking into investing in one. And u have just twisted my arm.

stkitts
10/04/2006, 06:47 PM
Just goes to show what happens when you type and carry a conversation with someone at the same time. My "sterilizer" stabilized my aquarium. To think that I read it a few times and didn't catch the mistake.