PDA

View Full Version : 2 Dead Cleaner Shrimp

Travis_Maguire
10/01/2006, 09:06 PM
EACH TIME THE SHRIMP SHEDS ITS EXOSKELLETON MY YELLOW TANG SEEMS TO KILL MY CLEANER SHRIMP DONT KNOW WHY ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN SO TODAY I WENT AND BOUGHT A GOLD CORAL BANDED SHRIMP AND THE F'N TANG SEEMS TO BE JACKIN W/ THIS SHRIMP TO IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO BESIDES SHRIMP TO CLEAN ICH AND OTHER DISEASES THAT THE CLEANER SHRIMPS EAT I HAVE HEARD OF A CLEANER GOBY THOSE LITTLE NEON BLUE AND YELLOW GUYS BUT I WAS JUST CURIOUS ABOUT ANY OTHER IDEA'S I AM ALL EARS B/C I AM A LITTLE CONFUZZED RIGHT NOW :confused: ANY ONE ELSE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR GUIDIANCE

crzy4reefs
10/03/2006, 10:17 AM
Wow i've never heard of a yellow tang doing that. You could try a cleaner goby i've had no experience with them though.

also a side note, don't use all caps someone may think you are yelling.

Travis_Maguire
10/03/2006, 09:13 PM
well i tried the cleaner goby cool lookin little fish but i dont know how well they are cleaning yeah i never heard of the tang thing either but like the guy at the fish store said you put these fish in a glass box and there is no tellin what they will do but thanks for the insight

dc
10/04/2006, 09:33 AM
Well I've never had a cleaner shrimp clean anything so far.

chocolateblnt
10/04/2006, 12:04 PM
... interesting ... I'll give you a bump*

Well you can always try a Fire Shrimp ... but your Y. Tang seems pretty mean to put in an expensive fire shrimp!

falconut
10/04/2006, 12:41 PM
I have a neon goby (blue) and it takes rides on my fish and cleans them. My Yellow tang never bothered my cleaners (don't have any now) or my Coral Banded Shrimp. Aparently your Tang doesn't like shrimp, so why not try the Neon Goby. Try to get a tank raised one. I had one of each (wild was much bigger) but only the tank raised survived. It did hide for a week, thought it was dead and then one day out he came. He now stays out all the time. It's been about 2 months. HTH

Travis_Maguire
10/04/2006, 08:02 PM
cool thanks for all of the help i got the lilttle neon goby he is a cool little guy im gonna try a coral banded had one before the tang didnt like his clippers but i got rid of him b/c i thought he was the culpret of killin my shrimp but now i know my tang is the brat well any who thanks for all the help all of you