PDA

View Full Version : MRC MR-3 Beckett skimmer with accesories

rocknut
09/29/2006, 10:00 AM
I have a really nice, fairly new My Reef Creations Skimmer set-up that I am looking to sell, or possibly even trade. With my previous tank set-up I used a separate compartment that stood beside my tank, to hold the skimmer, because it was too large to sit in-sump. With the new set-up I am starting to work on, I am going to need a skimmer that will fit inside the stand. Here is a rundown of what I have…

The skimmer was originally purchased as an MR-2, but I later got the additional 10” riser which brings the total height of the skimmer to 34.5”. The stock MR-3 skimmer is 32.5”. There is an additional 2” added to the total height with the quick release coupling below the collection cup. MRC rates this skimmer to handle a 500 gallon tank.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/42994skimmer_with_MR3_mod_running_wet.jpg

The skimmer comes with the PCX-55 pressure rated, external pump. This pump produces 1190 GPH of flow to the skimmer. I will also include the flexible PVC from the pump to the skimmer, and the over the top plumbing for the external pump (that way the pump will work with any sump, and won’t require any additional drilling.) Also included will be the gate valve on the skimmers drain, and the flexible PVC (spa-flex) to drain into the sump.

I also purchased the largest external collection container that MRC makes which has a diameter of 6”, and is 15” tall. This will hold about a gallon of skimmate, and will shut off the air flow to the skimmer when it is full.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/42994completed_plumbing_running.jpg

Overall I paid $640.00 ($529.00 for the skimmer package, and $110.00 for the waste container) plus shipping for all this (not including all the flex PVC, which isn’t cheap, and unions, etc.) I have only used this for about a year, and have had it boxed up since March of this year (I think it would have been too powerful for my 20 gallon SPS tank…) I need to get $450.00 for the whole setup.

I mentioned that I might be interested in doing a trade for everything as well. Basically I am looking to get a powerful in-sump skimmer, and on the off chance that someone has an H & S, or Deltec skimmer that they would like to trade (depending on the skimmer, I would be willing to put some money into the trade).

As far as shipping goes, I would be willing to split the actual shipping cost, I will use UPS and provide a copy of the receipt (I will provide box, and packing).

Thanks,
Rocky

MacnReef
09/29/2006, 10:21 AM
You got PM!!!

rocknut
09/29/2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks Mike!
Looks like the skimmer is off the market. Thanks for looking!

MacnReef
09/29/2006, 01:15 PM
No, thank you!

Mike