PDA

View Full Version : haliclona species

victor escobar
09/29/2006, 06:31 AM
I have a couple of haliclona spongies one of them is blue ant the other purple. I kow those animals are fotosintetic and plnactivores but I do not the quantity of light they require or anybody in Spain keeping them for more than two years, especially the purple one.

Do you hace any experince with those animals? Could anybody enlight me with the question of light and food?

Qcks
09/29/2006, 08:04 PM
mi espanol no es muy bueno, tan este es mal, pardon mi por favor.

no hay tengo los animales, pero comprendo el requisitos.

Si las esponjas son fotosintético, entonces, usted nessistaria igual luz a 15-20 vatios/galón o más. Lo depende en la esponjas, lo es possible mas o menos.

Generalmente, el alimento puede ser comprado en el almacén del animal.

Espero ayudo se.

pardon si lo no hay.

Qcks
09/30/2006, 11:24 AM
ah crap...

pardon...

2-5 vatios/Galón

fui fumar la cocaina....

victor escobar
10/02/2006, 03:19 AM
You shouldn't do this kind of things.. bad for health.

Thanks very much for the replay. The question is that I have read there are two different species of blue sponge in the market one of them is fotosintetic (the very soft tissue such as the purple one but with blue color) and another one non fotosintetic (lack of cianobacteria) in any case all of them need food.

I am adding to the tank cyclo eze amd phytoplancton and seem to be adapting well to the tank conditions.

Nevertheless, last time I had a blue one I thought it was fotosintetic (it was a varity of blue spongy with long tissues and no tube) and it perished due to the cover of algae caused by to mmuch light.

This time I do not want to do the same mistake and I have put it on the floor of the tank receiving light but not so strong.

My tank is a DSB so I imagine it is receiving bucteria and other organic matter but I need to know wether it is correct or not the location and the kind o food I'm adding.

As soon as I make a picture I will post it for all of you

Thanks again

victor escobar
10/11/2006, 03:20 AM
Now the porple one has died.

these purple sponges should have a different behaviour being by nature more delicate.

Does anybody have mantained the purple haclona photosintetic sponge?

boomsticks
10/11/2006, 01:58 PM
I have never heard of the purple version...huh? I would imagine like any photosynthetic sponges, put them on bottom of the tank get some metel halide lamps 150-250watts 10000K-14000K with indirect flow of water.