PDA

View Full Version : PLS HELP! Is my GTBA dead?

babcock
09/24/2006, 02:12 PM
Last night my GTBA got sucked into my Seio powerhead.
I was able to pry him loose and he fell to the sand and just laid on his side. I picked him up and perched him on a rock. He attached his foot to the rock but is drooping downward and not holding himself up. Do you think he is dead? I know I have to remove him right away if he is dead, but im not sure he is. Ill post a pic in my gallery so you can see. Also any advice on keeping this from happening again? Dam powerhead!!

Thanks for any advice!!

nlknight
09/24/2006, 02:57 PM
oddly the same thing happened to me last night, and from what every one told me, as long as his or any of the under part was damaged he has a good chance of survival. lots of light good clean water should do the trick. have you tried to feed it?

babcock
09/24/2006, 03:22 PM
Its foot seems to be fine. The tentacles and part of its disc were stuck in the powerhead. I have not tried to feed it because it just ate last night right before this all happened. I guess ill just wait it out. Good luck with yours!!

jman77
09/24/2006, 03:58 PM
Just wait an give it a chance... mine did something like that about 2 weeks about and it's still kicking and looking better everday. You'd be amazed what the BTA can take and still live .... give it time, don't try to force feed it , and leave it alone . :)

dc
09/24/2006, 06:58 PM
They see to have amazing recovery abilities. I've got sponges on all my powerheads.

babcock
09/24/2006, 10:18 PM
How can I put a sponge on a SEIO powerhead? Does that not resrict the flow output?

nickterp
09/25/2006, 02:39 PM
Here's how one person cover's her SEIOs: http://www.karensroseanemones.com/coverpowerheads.htm

babcock
09/25/2006, 06:03 PM
Good ideas! Thanks