PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for MACNA!!!

Rendos
09/20/2006, 07:55 PM
I will try and post pictures while I am there so you all can see what you are missing. Be back Monday late afternoon.

Sanford, Amy, Barrett - your tickets will be at the show. Just go to the registration table and tell them your name. If you have any problems at all, just call me on my cell.

(731) - 217 - 8377

I will get everything straightened out...not that you should have any problems, but just in case.

just dave
09/22/2006, 04:28 PM
We lost the cell signal before I could tell you about your tanks.

I went over today to take care of everything and after looking at all the tanks I figured it would be easier to put everything in the 225 which is empty except for that new live rock. It all fit with no problems and now there is only one tank to worry about. As for the cats, I took that pool floaty you had in the closet (why do y'all have a floaty that looks like a dude?) and blew it up. Now I didn't blow it up with my mouth (did you see where they put the valve on that thing?) and I couldn't find a air pump but did notice your neighbor had a propane grill so I took the propane bottle and used that. After I got it inflated I tied the the cats to it (don't want them to drown ) and floated them in the 225. I noticed the cat food you have is seafood mix and has some of the same stuff in it that fish food has so I got a auto feeder from the shop and have it set up to dose the food. It floats for a while so what the cats don't get the fish can eat as it sinks. I poured all the RO water you left into the top of the aquarium so the cats will have plenty to drink (no way they drink 50 gallons in three days) and what they don't drink will be there for evaporation. That's why I didn't put it in the sump as I didn't want it to get mixed up by the skimmer. The cat litter I put on top of the substrate so that whatever the filter doesn't get you can scoop out ( I saw you got the clumping kind.) Now I also tied the cats collars to the light fixture so they can't get out and make a mess of the house but don't worry as I didn't give them any slack so in case the floaty deflates they will not drown and their mouths are still at water level so they can get plenty to eat and drink. The fluids that you were giving Spot under the skin was saline I noticed and that's just salty water so I cut the hose off the bag and tied it into the return pump and inserted the needle under her skin. This way she gets the fluids 24/7 ( I did valve it so she doesn't get too much) and an added benefit from this arrangement is that the air bubbles the pump puts out just helps her float better. Another cool thing is that the movement from the cats legs makes a nice wave maker. I'm sure it does a nice job for the corals but I couldn't really tell because the tank was really cloudy ( you might consider a different brand of cat litter, a lot of dust in that one.) I couldn't figure out the light timer on your Reef Keeper so I just left the halides on. Now I know you're worried about the cats being under the lights for so long but I took care of that. I put sunblock on 'em. Well, it really wasn't sunblock because you didn't have any but that stuff is like paint and you had plenty of that. I used the Sherwin Williams kitchen and bath paint you had because it's made to be around water.
I put the extra live rock from the tanks I emptied into the flower bed in the shade as I didn't want it to stink up the house while you were gone . I did pour the extra tank water onto it to keep it wet and covered it in your newspaper ( I had to use the neighbors to as you didn't have enough but its not a big deal as they have a TV so they can watch the news if they want to.) This brings me to another subject, the mail. I noticed you get mostly junk mail. I went through it all and read it to be sure (Lisa you need to call your dad) so to keep it from piling up I changed the numbers on your house and mail box and when you get home you can change them back.

So as you can see everything is under control so don't give a worry about your house, aquariums, cats,and all the unfortunate people left at home that couldn't attend MACNA.

Oh yeah,you might need to have a plumber come in as I noticed there was water all over the floor and carpet.

aharvey
09/22/2006, 06:14 PM
Dave,
All I can say is "oh my gosh........"
I am still half crying and half laughing.
the blowup doll valve was the best!

acro-wrasse
09/23/2006, 01:27 AM
Dave,
I changed my mind, I will stay in town....you don't have to tank sit for me.........ever:eek2:

Rendos
09/23/2006, 07:23 AM
No worries...sounds like you got it all taken care of. You are doing such a good job that we will have to have you take care of the house EVERY TIME we leave. Thanks for putting in the extra effort, and going the extra mile.

just dave
09/23/2006, 12:58 PM
I'm on the job.

Did you know that fish seem to like cat hair?
I didn't know that but I'm sure it'll grow back.

Rendos
09/23/2006, 01:52 PM
I like bald *****...cat.

aharvey
09/24/2006, 09:22 AM
Dave, I drove by Richards to pu the rock in the flower bed and the garage door was up. Man they keep that gargae spotless. I thought he had a lot of stuff in there last time I was over. It looks like one of those model home garages all clean and everything, except for the cat hair...

crpeck
09/24/2006, 10:16 AM
Such creative solutions to every day problems! I'm SO impressed!

I never knew you were such a cat lover to take such extra measures to look out for their safey. What a guy!

Dave, we're all so lucky to have you as a resource of help and information.

Hope you've got a plenty of bond insurance if you decide to to go into tank sitting as a regular activity.

Too funny!

acro-wrasse
09/24/2006, 03:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8210272#post8210272 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crpeck

I never knew you were such a cat lover to take such extra measures to look out for their safey. What a guy!

Dave has more cats at his house than you have fish:thumbsup:

crpeck
09/24/2006, 03:28 PM
Dave has a cat house?:eek:

just dave
09/24/2006, 08:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8209986#post8209986 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aharvey
It looks like one of those model home garages all clean and everything,

I do what I can.

just dave
09/24/2006, 08:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8211800#post8211800 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crpeck
Dave has a cat house?:eek:

I have a chain and franchises are available.
You interested?

just dave
09/24/2006, 08:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8210272#post8210272 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crpeck
if you decide to to go into tank sitting as a regular activity.

I thought my post would have eliminated me from any such considerations by anyone about the matter.