PDA

View Full Version : My first fish (feeding question)

saltwatersucker
09/19/2006, 07:19 PM
Hi everyone I just went out and bought my first fish a Yellow watchman goby now I've read on here that people feed their fish anywhere from twice daily to every other day so I was feeding once a day and I just read on liveaquaria.com that yellow watchmen gobies should be fed twice daily. What should I do, if anyone with watchman gobie experience could give me some feedback it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much
Jerry

itz frank
09/19/2006, 07:35 PM
I don't have experience with this but generally in the ocean there's a food supply for more periods of the day then just one. I feed all my fish twice a day. It's mostly personal preference.

Sk8r
09/19/2006, 07:39 PM
Drop a single medium Formula One Sinking Pellet where he can see it, and he'll like that, once he figures out what it is: one of those will be dinner for him. In a new tank, feeding like that 2x a day is probably not a bad thing. Just don't make it a shower of pellets, or it will harm your tank. When your sand gets older and full of life, he will sand-sift for a living, and can go days without being fed---still with a very plump belly.

AslanTheKing
09/19/2006, 09:43 PM
Just got my yellow watchman to eat eat. Started with Tetra's MicroCrabs which is their licensed version of dried Cyclopeeze. Added a little garlic to get him to hit it the first time, but he took to it on his own after that. After several days, I tried Prime Reef flake with a bit of garlic, and bam.

I have yet to get him to eat mysis.

Peace

Kevin

PS~ Oh, and for frequency, some days twice, most days once.