PDA

View Full Version : Got Pods?

bshumake
09/18/2006, 11:04 AM
Alright. I'm looking at getting a pod booster for my tank. I don't know if anyone has a lot or knows who to order from. Any help would be appreciated.
B

Rendos
09/18/2006, 01:53 PM
Reed Mariculture.??...

scarson61
09/18/2006, 01:57 PM
Before I come up to pick up yard sale stuff I will clean the filters from my tank. There are almost always 10 to 20 on those.
Sanford

willember
09/18/2006, 03:20 PM
Are you looking for amphipods or copepods? I've got a million amphipods. I was trying to increase my copepod population and bought some online. I dont know how well that turned out as the ones I recieved were so small I could barely see them in their little container I doubt I would be able to see them in the tank/refugium. There are some good size copepods in my little puffer tank that I am going to try to siphon out for my main tank, but I doubt I could get more than 20 or so. Anyway, I dont know how much help my post was. One question I have though is this; could an exploding population of amphipods have a detrimental effect on the existing copepod population?

neuroslicer
09/18/2006, 05:06 PM
You might try shining a light on one side of your copepod tank in the darkness, to get them to concentrate near the light so that collecting a higher density is easier. As for diet, amphipods probably aren't going to graze down your copepods. They eat phytoplankton in the water column and in the sand they eat detritus and bacteria.