PDA

View Full Version : The Iwasaki is what ???

Bendrago
06/13/2002, 01:46 PM
Hiya folks.

Was cruising the net and ran into a article that claimed that "iwasaki bulbs" can be run with mercury vapor ballast, anyone happen to have any experience does this really work ?

Thanks in advance

Sunlight Supply
06/13/2002, 02:50 PM
The Iwasaki are made to be run on Mercury Vapor Ballasts. Iwasaki will not warrant them if ran on MH. However, they have been run on standard MH ballasts for quite a long time, and have proven to run well on them.

maximus501
06/14/2002, 01:39 AM
i run iwasakis on MV advance ballasts and i have no problems with them at all. im sure that it uses more electricity and reduces the life of the bulb some, but i made a MH system for less than 90.00 per 250W bulb.

rich

Bendrago
06/14/2002, 09:18 AM
Well bugger me and my aunt then !

I hate to live here in scandinavia !! no iwasaki bulbs anywhere :(

I own a couple of arcadia's lights that have MV ballasts and some really odd bulbs that have HQI ballast build in them ! and so cost a fortune ... when I could simply use iwasaki bulbs (at least it seems so) and to add to my joy hello lights wont ship overseas ...

One more question though, the iwasaki bulbs are with E39 base ? ? ? how does that differ from E40 ? anyone know ?

stephane
06/14/2002, 07:13 PM
Saki are made for the E40 mogul and run on MV or MH ballast but better ppdf on MV

I could ship you some saki if intereted the same price of hello light
email me if your interest

I could maybe even ship them from France Europe since a friend of mine came visit me 6-8 times each years

PaulErik
06/14/2002, 08:14 PM
In Europe the lamp will operate on standard Mercury Vapor ballast. The Iwasaki lamp is actually designed for standard Mercury Reactor and High Reactance ballasts. Iwasaki lamps aren't designed for European MH ballasts which usually are Sodium ballasts or mercury with an ignitor (depending on what lamp type is being used).

PaulErik
06/14/2002, 08:37 PM
Bendrago: I sent you an e-mail

stephane
06/14/2002, 08:47 PM
Out of the topic here but I want to ask paulerik someting

do you have a clue what kind of magnetical ballast could match the most a blueline ballast wirred on a radium 400w

we have found that a 430 agro light the radium well but maybe it overdrive it a bit what do you tink aboout sodium 400 watt

or anyting better?

I ask this because from a lot of review the eballast seem to get a
good compromise between life bulb and great par and coloration
the only drawback is here in Canada the eballast cost me 300$ can and I need tree

the PFO who seem to be the same than agro 430 and get great par similar to the eballast but seem a lot harder on the bulb
do you have any id why

From report it seem like they both gave the same PAR but the blueline is bluer than the agro does it have someting to do whith the voltage output

I have the Radium spec here but I am not very good in decripting you better than me at this

wattage:360W
wattage whith baLLast:400W
mains voltage:230V
nominal current:3,5A
luminous flux:8000lm (that why you realy need to overdrive it IMO)
Colour Temperature:20000 k
rapid reignition:4000v
capacitor for 50hz: 45

do you tink the eballast match those number or overide the bulb to ?

Tank

dattack
06/14/2002, 08:51 PM
Hey Paul Erik,
Didn't know you sold lighting too. Do you sell to end customers like us or is it through just retailers?

PaulErik
06/14/2002, 09:10 PM
stephane: sent you an e-mail

PaulErik
06/14/2002, 09:15 PM
dattack: I mostly do importing/wholesale of specialty lighting but will be doing retail starting this fall (hopefully). However I won't retail our wholesale products.

Bendrago
06/15/2002, 02:04 AM
Thanks for replies all !

Funny thing this world, sutiable bulbs here cost 270$ / bulb :smokin:

I will have to get 'em here somehow :D

PaulErik : Sent a mail back to you
Stephane : Thanks for the offer, have to check freight & etc but I will mail you soonish !