PDA

View Full Version : Red Sponge getting slime

ana_luciav
09/11/2006, 04:06 PM
Hi This is actually in reference to the tank at my work, Its a 12 gallon tank and the red sponge is getting slime and a white spot on the tip. Could it be sick ? How can I help it.. thanks

boomsticks
09/12/2006, 11:45 AM
Remove it or cut the "rotting" spot off! ASAP! I had a red ball sponge start turning white (dying) due to my ******* holding in the air while I cleaned the tank! LOL Gave my friends a good laugh...teaches you not to clean tanks when drunk on Fri night! Oops live and learn.

ana_luciav
09/13/2006, 08:31 AM
Ok that didnt seem smart. I asked the aquarium and was told that maybe it is also the angel fish nibbling on it to just let it go as long as it doesnt ink the water and die. I ll monitor it and see what happens dont want to cut just for nothing.

boomsticks
09/14/2006, 08:09 AM
Oh yeah, Angelfish do eat some sponges! I forgot about that Ana you may be right on that aspect. But lemme know how things work, I love sponges I just can't seem to keep them healthy Probably due to too much light.

ana_luciav
09/14/2006, 01:48 PM
Ok now it has red slime but contained to the top of the sponge, and its reducing its size. Cutting that piece could be an option but I dont know with what to cut it without hurting it
How can I do It?

ana_luciav
09/27/2006, 03:03 PM
So, conclusion, cut the piece that was bad, other red slime was accumulating but it was only dirt, cleared it softly by hand and it is fine now