PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable or not?

keithntracy
09/08/2006, 03:47 PM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=924902

thor32766
09/08/2006, 05:05 PM
I think you have to give him credit for atleast sending your money back. He could have said sorry or had a long drawn out paypal dispute. see you should have ordered the blue ones i showed you!!! j/k.

keithntracy
09/08/2006, 05:06 PM
lmao!!! that's next!!

WE NEED BLUES!!!

waterfaller1
09/08/2006, 05:45 PM
Are you asking if the packaging was acceptable? Absolutely not if that's what you mean. Corals should be double or triple bagged, in a styrofoam container, with other packing material to keep them from shifting, and then that is placed in a box. In warm weather, a combo of ice cubes and heat pack serves to keep them at the right temp. In cold of course just heat pack. But, having corals shipped at this time of year IS a risk. And opting for anything less than overnight with either fed-ex or UPS is your fault..no offense. I have learned not to order at certain times of the year..like holiday time. I have also learned to bite the bullet and pay the extra on shipping..it is'nt the shipper's fault or whoever it is shipped with. If you want something that bad, you pay what it takes to insure it's safe arrival. I have also learned that if the package is too airtight the heat pack will quit working, only to reheat again once it gets oxygen. Sorry you had a bad experience...a little research before you buy into the background of an individual goes a long way too. I had a package sent around Christmas{mistake # 1} and after I recieved something that was not as described I did some searching and came up with LOTS of bad stuff about the guy's shady ways. So..see if I had looked before I bought I would'nt have bought from him. I'm learning.:rolleyes:

keithntracy
09/08/2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Thor, that was nice of him...really. And since then, we have chatted and understand his reasoning. No fault of anyone's, just chalk it up to experience.

orb
09/09/2006, 12:49 PM
sent you a pm, wondering if the person i'm wanting to get something from is the person you also dealt with.