PDA

View Full Version : Where'd my Coral Beauty go?

Skiufool
09/06/2006, 12:43 PM
I have a 5 month old tank and have a few tank mates as listed below:

Clownfish
Lawnmower Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby
2 Green Chromis
Coral Beauty
6 line Wrasse
2 Banded Coral Shrimp
Sea Cucumber
Pincushion Urchin
bunch of snails and hermit crabs

Any of these tank mates seem like they wouldn't get along with a the Coral Beauty? Why do I ask? Because my Coral Beauty has gone missing! I cannot find him in the tank anywhere for the last 2 days! Even when feeding, he does not come out anymore? He's too big to have gona down the overflow and too big to just have been "eaten". So where is he???

I'm wondering the Shrimp and him got into one night...but still, where is he???

Anybody ever had any experiences like this before? Fish just gone missing?

JamesJR
09/06/2006, 01:52 PM
everything seems fine to me. How big is your tank? It may just be that he is hiding because they can be pretty shy when you first put them in your tank.

Skiufool
09/06/2006, 02:03 PM
He was one of the first 2 fish I put in there (along with the clownfish). I've searched that tank high and low and just can't seem to find him...I don't think he's even in there anymore!

Very strange!!!

I understand that there's hiding places he'll find that I'll never even know about, but he's usually never this shy. I've noticed this absence ever since I put the Shrimp in the tank. That's why I asked...

Skiufool
09/06/2006, 02:04 PM
sorry....its a 40g tank

petoonia
09/06/2006, 03:47 PM
That seems like alot for a 40g. How are your levels?

The shrimp could have ambushed it at night, and consumed alot of the remains. Between the hermits and the shrimp a body could disappear rather quickly.

Look for an area in the tank where there seems to be a few more scavengers hanging out than usual. Also try looking at night with a flashlight.

Good Luck!!!

seaduck
09/06/2006, 04:04 PM
did he jump out of the tank?

Skiufool
09/06/2006, 05:37 PM
definitely did not jump out of the tank...there's no possible way for him to get out.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Shrimp Ambush idea! Which surprises me because the 2 Green Chromis' are almost half his size!