PDA

View Full Version : When?????

gonzoblaze
09/05/2006, 02:54 PM
Does anyone have a clue when THR will open.... Im lost with out it

blazin
09/05/2006, 03:34 PM
I was just going to post the same thing...Hopefully soon. Anybody with inside info know a more approximate date? Weeks, months? 2007?

Birdlady
09/05/2006, 05:31 PM
I think soon, next month or so. I spoke to someone who was just there and he said it is HUGE! I asked if it was bigger than his other place, cause I just couldn't see it and I believe the term he used wah 'hockey rink' LOL!

I am excited for them to open as well. Now, I notice that when they were open, there was trash talk about them all over the boards, and now that we don't have them, they were the best thing since sliced bread!;) Just an observation......

Ben
09/05/2006, 11:07 PM
I hated their customer service becuase down stairs they didnt have any. Upstairs was a bit better....

I miss having it because it was closer to me then TPP and had a nice selection of dry goods. Like salifert test kits that for the longest time you couldnt get at TPP or any where local I knew.

I rarely bought a coral there, but did like there fish selection, always seemed healthy to me.

blazin
09/05/2006, 11:11 PM
I like THR because they were the cheapest LFS for dry goods, aside from That Pet Place....and excellent livestock. I wonder if the prices are going to be any higher after reopening to try to recoup on some losses....

bheron
09/05/2006, 11:20 PM
they had the only livestock thats ever lived a long time in my tank. but some bad customer service. true. looking forward to the new one b/c it was still the best place around.

Birdlady
09/06/2006, 10:35 AM
Well, I always had decent service there (maybe it is a chick thing!)

And I don't believe (and I have spoken to several folks about this) their prices will be as low as they were, altho Ziggy wants to try, at least in the beginning.

Problem being, the store he was in before was paid for? or something to where his overhead for rent was minimal if anything. Long story. So no he will be paying full brick and mortar rent/lease/mortgage....whatever he has.

He does move volume, so hopefully he can be competetive pricewise just through that aspect.

Kelley
09/06/2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah, it really must have been a chick thing, I never had any problem with customer service. They were always more than happy to dig around and get me the perfect frag for my nano that I had at the time.