PDA

View Full Version : Help needed Sunday Aug 27th to Move 225

aharvey
08/24/2006, 03:48 PM
I need help moving a 225 and all associated components to my garage on Sunday afternoon. It's the tank and stuff that we talked about at the August club meeting. It is currently in semi meltdown state and since we will be just tearing it down to components it shouldn't take more than 2 hours at most I hope.
Once we get it all to my place we will inventory everything and then will list the parts not spoken for and allow the general marine public to pick through the stuff. So if you want first dibs then bring the muscle!
I hope that we can get started around 5:00 so I can feed all those who assist as a way of expressing my extreme gratitude! Please let me know! Just be aware that the time might change slightly!

aharvey
08/24/2006, 04:08 PM
The time will be 5:00 and the tank is just moving across Collierville. So no long drives. We alreeady have one truck but more welcome.
There are also 3 fish, panther grouper, false perc and angel. I think someone wanted the fish so bring transport for fish but please let me know if they are yours! Barrett were you taking them to St Jude????

Rendos
08/24/2006, 07:19 PM
I will help as long as I get off work in time. Even if I am a little late, I still plan on helping. If you guys get the water drained out and such, I can help with the heavy lifting. I still have a few more muscles left that haven't given out yet. With a tank that size, it would be a good idea if someone could borrow or rent some furniture movers (like a refrigerator dolly...they rent them at Dixie Rents). I have moved one or two of these in the past, and lots of people are great until you get to a doorway...then it is usually up to one or two people to go through the door. This is what makes a dolly extremely handy. Just my $.02, but I have done this MANY times in the past.

nam2212
08/24/2006, 07:51 PM
I'm in. Just give me directions to your house.

Nick

aharvey
08/24/2006, 08:38 PM
so in your humble opinion it is best to stand it on one end with that end resting on a refrigerator dolly. Would a really large regular dolly with straps to strap it down with carpet under it work as well.
We have one we move large servers with. It's called the Dolly Lama.
This would be a good thing?
Oh by the way how do you guys like your steak cooked?

The address is 1757 Liffon Lane in Collierville.
It's off Wolf River Blvd I think.

zebrafish
08/24/2006, 08:49 PM
I am in as well. I drive a pick up; if we need more load capacity.

Will need directions to your house also.

Steve

just dave
08/24/2006, 09:05 PM
I picked up some of these ....
http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p983401reg.jpg
..on the recommendation of the people I use to make our aquariums and they work very well. One can easily move the tank when placed in the center. You can get 'em a Home Depot for cheap and they have a 1000lb load rating.

Dirtball
08/24/2006, 09:06 PM
Andy I will be there to help. Are you near Houston High school? I know that is on wolf river blvd. Thanks Brandon

aharvey
08/24/2006, 09:10 PM
My bad
1757 Lisson Lane, Collierville TN
From Poplar and Byhalia Road head north on Byhalia
You'll pass through 4 red lights and then pass the high school.
The road narrows and comes to a 4 way stop.
Turn left onto Wolf River Blvd
If you look Google map you'll then be on the right end of Wolf River Blvd.
They just completed the connection to Byhalia.
Turn right on Wallum then left on Hatton.
It turns into Lisson.
Wolf River connects all the way through to Houston Levee just east of Houston high school if your coming from Gtown or points North.

aharvey
08/24/2006, 09:14 PM
Oh I gots loads of furniture dollies.
Thanks Dave
You r the greatest!
Have I told you how much I appreciate your knowledge and sharp wit?

just dave
08/24/2006, 09:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8007651#post8007651 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aharvey
Oh I gots loads of furniture dollies.
Thanks Dave
You r the greatest!
Have I told you how much I appreciate your knowledge and sharp wit?

Uh....thanks Andy....but I'm already married.:p

aharvey
08/24/2006, 09:29 PM
See there you go again
you crack me up...

Rendos
08/25/2006, 09:09 AM
I like my steak rare to medium rare.

aharvey
08/25/2006, 09:20 AM
Cool,

The Directions on this post are to the house where we are getting the tank everybody meet there first. We'll load up and transport to my house about 3 miles away then start the Grill.

I also reviewed the DIY on the Club Forum for the stand.
I'll have a couple of questions for you on Sunday.
I am making a config changes to the club forum server so it might not work for a couple of hours this morning.
I saw something that needs to be changed on that server.

DrPeaches
08/25/2006, 10:05 AM
Count me in. And I have a pickup truck we can use too.

aharvey
08/25/2006, 11:02 AM
I appreciate the great response and I am afraid that if many more respond that they are going to assist I'll run out of food. How many tube steaks come in a package Dave? I know you r the tube steak expert!

Seriously, We will be dining on Pork steaks with all the fixins and I'll fix plenty.

redhawk44cb
08/25/2006, 11:20 AM
I thought there was generally one tube steak per package, unless you're a snake... http://www.szgdocent.org/resource/rr/c-love.htm

aharvey
08/25/2006, 12:41 PM
Somehow this bothers me that you know so much about snake parts.

redhawk44cb
08/25/2006, 03:52 PM
Well, that kind of knowledge is what you get from growing up watching Nat Geo Explorer and Nova... another by-product is this expensive hobby.

just dave
08/25/2006, 09:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8010687#post8010687 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aharvey
I appreciate the great response and I am afraid that if many more respond that they are going to assist I'll run out of food. How many tube steaks come in a package Dave? I know you r the tube steak expert!

Seriously, We will be dining on Pork steaks with all the fixins and I'll fix plenty.

Not subtle enough. Definitely single A stuff. Keep trying.

aharvey
08/25/2006, 09:53 PM
Yes Master, I shall try again to snatch the stone from you hand.

acro-wrasse
08/25/2006, 10:55 PM
Make sure it's a stone..........

bshumake
08/26/2006, 12:00 AM
You know I'm in!

bshumake
08/26/2006, 12:03 AM
Oh, andy, one more thing. I might take one of those dolphin pumps. I got the 180 up and started the CL to get the water mixing. Aside from the noise of the Dart on it now... the flow is terrible. For a pump thats supposed to kick 3500GPH Its more like a trickle out of the four 1" bulkheads.

boofer
08/26/2006, 11:41 AM
Barrett, Somethings not right there...What size intake are you running on it? Is it running all 4 1" returns at the same time?
The Dart is quieter than my PCX-40 and its definately more than a trickle.
The first one I had, I sent back because the impellar was rubbing on the housing. It was a real loud whine/hum...Sound familiar?

bshumake
08/26/2006, 02:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8017586#post8017586 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by boofer
Barrett, Somethings not right there...What size intake are you running on it? Is it running all 4 1" returns at the same time?
The Dart is quieter than my PCX-40 and its definately more than a trickle.
The first one I had, I sent back because the impellar was rubbing on the housing. It was a real loud whine/hum...Sound familiar?
Yeah, something is definately wrong. All 4 returns are on ans its hardly any flow. The intake is 2 and1/2 with the out scaled down to a 1"
I think it is rubbing. I've already taken it off once and don't want to again unless I'm putting something else on immediatley. Much to my suprise, the union ball valve I got for the pump intake won't seal. I took it off to check the housing and clean it out (thinking something was in it) and water is pouring all over the floor! Went to Lowe's to possibly get another and the others you could blow air through with the valve closed! Needless to say I was pretty freakin ****ED!

aharvey
08/26/2006, 05:45 PM
Barrett, I also have a PCX-40 that has about 3 months of use. It is cleaned and back in it's box. I was going to put it in the sale pile with the other extra stuff from tomorrow afternoon.

aharvey
08/27/2006, 09:31 AM
My cell in case someone gets lost 848-7505

aharvey
08/27/2006, 10:46 PM
To all that came to my aid I am indebted.
It was a mess but once it is all cleaned it really will be pretty.
Barrett needs a truck bad cause he stuff all the live???? rock and a chiller and 2 pumps into that car.

I'll take some photos later sleep now!

bshumake
08/28/2006, 12:56 AM
I'll have you know Andy, I didn't smell that rock at all on the drive home. And one of the pumps crapped rust all in my car so you're responsible for the detailing job :lol2:
Seriously though, its in the tub with my dinky skimmer on it and two pumps to circulate. The Ozone is rockin and the chiller will be on tomorrow. I'll moniter the temp first to see where it goes. If it needs it the chiller is there as a back-up. Oh, I'll be needing that skimmer you got to clean up that rock. I thought my dinky would cut it but the cup was filling after 2 minutes!
Try and drop it by if you can tomorrow.
Kids crying.
Later

Dirtball
08/28/2006, 05:40 PM
Andy, it was quite a learning experiance. I hope Barrett got my steak to make up for me dumping that nasty sand down the back of his neck. Cant wait for you to get it set up and see what it looks like.