PDA

View Full Version : Microbubbles

Jecco
08/23/2006, 10:40 AM
I got a problem with microbubbles. I don't understand where the're coming from. They appear to be coming from the return line, however the pump is completly submersed. The return side of my sump is very calm, nothing is disturbing the water. Any thoughts.

Larson
08/23/2006, 10:42 AM
Their most likely coming from your skimmer. You may need to adjust some settings and/or place some foam/filter before your return to collect those small bubbles before they go shooting through your tank.

Jecco
08/23/2006, 10:46 AM
Skimmer is on a the other side of the sump, it's blocked with 2 baffle2 and a sponge. There is no movement of the water on the return side.

Rendos
08/23/2006, 10:51 AM
Could be a small place in the plumbing between the pump and the tank where air is coming in. Do you use loc-line? If so, that is most likely where it is coming from...try to submerse all the loc-line in water.

brokereef
08/23/2006, 05:18 PM
Are you using pvc or flex hose from the pump to the return. I had a hose that had a small hole and was pulling air in, i know it should have pushed water out but it didnt.

Jecco
08/24/2006, 09:45 AM
Richard i'm not quite sure I know what you mean by loc-line. The return line is pvc. There is a back siphon hole drill right below the surface of the water, so no air gets in that way.

Larson
08/24/2006, 10:34 AM
Try turning off your Skimmer, and wait to see if it goes away. If it doesnt , its not your skimmer. Next look at the return for awhile and see if occasionally its pulling air in a whirlpool type action from to much power. You can also try turning everything off letting it settle and restart it and see if they come back. May have been a bad start somewhere. Just some ideas.