PDA

View Full Version : Good reefkeeping books?

GT
08/20/2006, 01:45 PM
Can I get a couple of book titles that I can read and do some research on the different corals and reefkeeping. When I decided to get back into this hobby, I was pro FOWLR and from all the threads Ive read, and all the visits to the lfs. Im interested to read and learn, and I know I need to get my feet wet sooner or later, but I want to feel like I have a little knowledge before I do. My main tank wont even have water in it for a few weeks yet. After talking to the lfs, there comment was you can get right into the corals too, but I dont feel comfortable yet. So I want to do some reading first. I thought you all with some experience could suggest a few good books.

Thanks,

T. :confused:

clkwrk
08/20/2006, 01:53 PM
Reef inverts : Calfo and Fenner

Aquarium Coral: E. Borneman

Natural Reef Aquariums :Tullock

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner

Are few good ones

some of those can be bought at petco cheaper than the LFS

GT
08/20/2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks clkwrk

T.

gus055
08/20/2006, 03:24 PM
REEF SECRETS by ALF JACOB NILSEN
SVEIN A. FOSSA

Pyrrhus
08/20/2006, 08:08 PM
The four books that clkwrk mentioned could get one through a lifetime of marine aquarium keeping.

For some more advanced stuff check out Anthony Calfo's Book of Coral Propagation and Sprung and Delbeek's Reef Aquariums vol 3

MelloYellow
08/20/2006, 08:49 PM
Heh, all the books clkwrk said were the ones I was going to suggest :) Especially like Reef Inverts...don't let the name fool you, the first 100+ pages or so is about the functionality of different parts of the aquarium (LR,sump,Fuge, DSB,algae,etc.).