PDA

View Full Version : Worried about brain

jfumia
08/20/2006, 01:38 PM
Ok I just got this brain wednesday from the lfs, I guess i am just over paranoid about all my inhabitants but I am worried about the brown spots that are on this coral. It was looking like this at the lfs too thats why i figured i would try to bring it back. It extends its feeders at night and eats like a pig but like I said I'm concerned about the brown spots... Any opinions??

Picshere (http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95345)

ACBlinky
08/20/2006, 04:36 PM
It looks quite bleached, keep feeding it and it should recover nicely.

Bcollins111900
08/20/2006, 05:30 PM
It is def. stressed but that can easily be reversed. Like mentioned above feed eat meaty foods such as mysis and cyclopeeze. It may not hurt it either to move it to a shadier spot till it regains it's true colors.

jfumia
08/21/2006, 06:07 AM
Thanks guys, Its been eating up on Krill these past few nights but i will go out and get some mysis and cyclopleeze asap! It does look alot better than it did in the LFS tank, so hopefully I gave this guy a second chance on life:rollface:

GeneSilvey
08/21/2006, 01:52 PM
how do you get the mysis, cyclopeeze in the brain effiecently?

thepudge
08/21/2006, 04:11 PM
I feed my lps formula 1 and 2 sinking pellets. They are small and easily eaten by the brain corals. It is also easy to feed them - just take a straw or pipette, put the sinking pellets in, and you can target feed very effectively.