PDA

View Full Version : DIY Ca, Alk, and Mg additives

neuroslicer
08/18/2006, 02:07 PM
I'm making up a 3 part additive, and it doesn't look like Home Depot or Lowes carries magnesium chloride (MagFlakes) or calcium chloride (DowFlakes) in the summer here in Memphis, so I'll be ordering this stuff online. For $30 I'll be getting enough to last me the next 5 years or more, so I'd be happy to split this order one or two ways. The other ingredients are easy to come by: magnesium sulfate at Walgreens (epsom salts) and sodium bicarb (Alk = baking soda) at the grocery store.

Rendos
08/18/2006, 03:33 PM
Have you checked at a CO-OP or Tractor Supply Company? They usually carry it year round, and it is really cheap.

neuroslicer
08/18/2006, 04:03 PM
I called a half dozen tractor/farm supply places locally... nobody knew what the hell I was talking about. If anyone knows a local supplier, please let me know! Otherwise I'll order online (Buckeye Field Supply).

wjhuie
08/27/2006, 01:23 AM
try R&J feed in south jackson.

APFish
08/28/2006, 05:16 PM
FWIW try your local concrete plants. We use it to "heat" up concrete in the winter. They may have some left over. My local guy told me that if I took one bag I had to take the whole pallet of what was left. Anyway, try a couple of them.

Rob