PDA

View Full Version : torch prob.

kau_cinta_ku
08/18/2006, 12:57 AM
sorry about the pic. as i had to wait till the lights were off so he would close up to get a pic. of what i'm talking about. when i first got this coral it only had 1 head and now has two but the prob. is when i put him in the tank i put the skeleton in the hole in the rock well it fell all the way in till just the head was sticking out. now that it has 2 heads it seems as if the tissue formed around the hole of the rock. so my question is will it still keep growing like this and get more heads and how will i move it as it is getting very close to my leather (actually touches him when open) and same rock. TIA
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/kau_cinta_ku/CIMG0693.jpg

pufferman90
08/18/2006, 11:11 AM
You can slowly take the coral out since it does not feel anything in its hard calcified skeleton. If the tissue is connected to the rock, which i doubt it is, then you would have to be very careful in moving it.

kau_cinta_ku
08/18/2006, 12:57 PM
thats the problem, from the way it looks the tissue has connected to the rock. and thats what i am scared of.

pufferman90
08/19/2006, 01:32 AM
I would carefully remove it, place it in Lugol's if you have any, and make sure to feed it something meaty like shrimp or silversides or mysis. I too placed the single head into a crevice in the rock, but fortunately the split didnt fuse into the rock as well. oh yeah keep it in the same place after you remove it (but make it so the "injured" part doesnt touch the rock) as I guess it expressed a liking for those conditions until it recovers fully. The leather's stalk can take the torch's stings. I keep a torch that touches a GSP colony throughout the day, nothing happens.