PDA

View Full Version : Time to Vent....

emilye2
08/17/2006, 12:27 PM
Our one good car (i.e. the one with the fewest problems) died yesterday. Timing belt. Car dead. $2000 + to replace the engine. This is the car we were going to drive to Myrtle Beach.....TOMORROW. I'm frustrated six ways from Sunday. We will take the other car and I'll spend 2 days worrying down there and 2 days worrying on the way back. Crud. Crud, crud crud crud CRUD! Anyone know a sure fire way to win the lotto? I don't ask for much, enough for two new decent cars, a house downpayment, and airline tickets for all the lounge lizards to meet up at Nina's house. :D

VoidRaven
08/17/2006, 12:46 PM
OMG Emily...I am SO sorry to hear this! Makes me wish we were heading down this week (instead of having gone in June) so we could meet up just to make sure your drive is OK! Is there any family remotely close that could lend you a vehicle to make the trip?

Stay safe tomorrow! I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a safe journey!

Maybe take some rope, harnesses, and the puppers? That way if you break down you can at least tow yourselves to the repair shop with the dogs?

dc
08/17/2006, 12:50 PM
That really sucks! Bring lots of coolers with food and a tent.

Nina51
08/17/2006, 12:52 PM
and a coffee can. don't forget the coffee can!!!

em, so sorry to hear this. if you DO win the lottery and get airline tickets for everybody, please give me one day notice. it'll take me that long to dig up enough firewood for a weiner roast. ;)

have a safe trip and once you get there, ENJOY! don't worry about the trip home. who CARES if you get HOME from a vacation?? :D

TheBimbo
08/17/2006, 01:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7958438#post7958438 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nina51
and a coffee can. don't forget the coffee can!!!

em, so sorry to hear this. if you DO win the lottery and get airline tickets for everybody, please give me one day notice. it'll take me that long to dig up enough firewood for a weiner roast. ;)

have a safe trip and once you get there, ENJOY! don't worry about the trip home. who CARES if you get HOME from a vacation?? :D

Shooot, there will be steak instead of them there weiners Nina, Em had just won that there lottery!!!

Em, sorry bout' the car breaking down, maybe you really will come into some money!!! :D

Christy...:rollface:

VoidRaven
08/17/2006, 01:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7958438#post7958438 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nina51
it'll take me that long to dig up enough firewood for a weiner roast. ;)

Pssh! No worries...I got the firewood covered. How many cord do ya want? I'm about to place my order for the winter load. Oak, Cherry, and Ash ok for ya?

emilye2
08/17/2006, 02:02 PM
Forget the weiners-at this point I need huge amounts of alcohol! Glass and a half oughtta do me. Ask VR. :) Pick a part place will give me about $140 for the thing. That'll buy a lot of weiners and rum. :D Sigh....it's obvious, even to me, that lack of sleep and too much packing has pickled what was left of my brain.

Nina51
08/17/2006, 02:04 PM
don't you just hate pickled brians??

vr, i don't care what kind it is, as long as it burns!

emilye2
08/17/2006, 02:13 PM
yes, but Nina-if you don't pickle them they tend to go bad. Then they smell up the place. Nobody likes a stinky Brian. ;)

VoidRaven
08/17/2006, 02:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7958859#post7958859 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by emilye2
Glass and a half oughtta do me. Ask VR. :)

hehehe.....lightweight......

No problem Nina! I got the firewood thing all under control. I'll even chuck in a few bottles of wine.....think 6 will do it?

crzy4reefs
08/17/2006, 03:23 PM
em how come the engine went with the timing belt? when the timing belt went in my car it was just me and eric in it and it just completely stopped,

at the time we didn't know it was the timing belt we thought maybe low on gas, so we walked to get a gas container, then walk 4 miles to the gas station, after all that it was the gas.

we bought a phone card called eric's father, he comes with his truck and dolly wheels, takes us home, and we figure out the problem.

Me and eric put it in our selves and got new spark plugs for it as well which i put in, we did it in a day. I'm so glad zack was with my parent inlaws, cause it was not a fun night to be stranded.

emilye2
08/17/2006, 03:31 PM
well because on this particular model it's inside the engine I believe so it does damage when it goes. the ironic thing? My husband, my father, and my brother all work for a company that makes timing chains for cars......

Nina51
08/17/2006, 03:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7959241#post7959241 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VoidRaven
hehehe.....lightweight......

No problem Nina! I got the firewood thing all under control. I'll even chuck in a few bottles of wine.....think 6 will do it?

6. yeah, that'll be a good start. ;)

crzy4reefs
08/17/2006, 03:36 PM
omg, yeah i forget some cars it's in the engine with is a stupid idea if you ask me. ours was on the side and sort of easy to get through after we took some things off.

soo sorry emily sucks what your going through.