PDA

View Full Version : does anybody order from marinedepot.com?

yamaha racer
08/16/2006, 06:22 PM
i ordered my tek fixture and bulbs and they came broken so i just got my new bulbs in today and there broken again,,,,eventhough they are our sponsor i would not recomend ordering bulbs from them

prodman
08/16/2006, 06:32 PM
I have been using them for a few years and will continue to. They have always been easy to work with.

IsaaX
08/16/2006, 06:45 PM
MarineDepot has always been good to me. The t5 bulbs do require special attention during shipping. I would contact them on their sponsor forum or give them a ring. I doubt they would pack broken bulbs and ship them out. Kinda hard to miss broken bulbs while packaging them up. It's most likely UPS or whoever, breaking them during transit.

yamaha racer
08/16/2006, 06:47 PM
i have called them and im happy that they send out new ones no problem, but why would they keep using the same shipping company if they break, but the first shipment the box it was in was fine but it looks like they were broken before they were packaged

Gundo5000
08/16/2006, 07:07 PM
marinedepot is great. I have placed many orders from them.

rickh
08/16/2006, 07:23 PM
I have place one order with MD. The order was fine, but I wanted to exchange one item for a more expensive model. I sent them several emails. No response. That lack of response has cost them thousands of dollars. I like the Drs Foster & Smith. They are always pleasant. Maybe it's a Wisconsin vs California thing?? :)

HotHotHot
08/16/2006, 07:38 PM
I always ordered VHO's from them and they arrived fine. It always made me nervous though, given the shipping companies. Then again, VHOs aren't not as narrow as T5s.

I general I've always gotten good service from them.

Ed

tom obrecht
08/16/2006, 08:25 PM
I've used them for years without problems. I too have ordered VHO bulbs with out issues. Sounds like a run of bad luck. I'm sure they'll help you out.

mg426
08/16/2006, 08:28 PM
I have used them before and everything including Bulbs made to me AOK.

MJAnderson
08/16/2006, 08:32 PM
Used them several times with no problems. Ordered bulbs from Reefgeek (who gives great service) and every bulb was broke. It's UPS, not the store.

yamaha racer
08/16/2006, 08:46 PM
ya well i hope that the bulbs dont keep breaking because i would like to keep using them because they have great prices and they dont ask any questions

Nami19
08/16/2006, 08:51 PM
Order the bulbs from Reefgeek, I've had no problems ordering lights from them.

I have placed several order with Marine Depot, everything arrived fine (didn't order lights). What makes me not want to order from them again is that I've requested a catalog about 4 times and I have had no luck with it. Excellent way to run a business.

ChemE
08/16/2006, 09:37 PM
ReefGeek's packaging on T5's is insanity itself. I'm pretty sure my T5's could have survived the delivery truck wrecking off an interstate overpass. It takes 5 minutes just to unpack them when they show up.

yamaha racer
08/16/2006, 09:42 PM
i would like to order from reefgeek but i spent all my money at marine depot and dont have anymore money to pay for ensurance and shipping

HaroldT
08/16/2006, 10:56 PM
I have always had good experiences from Marine Depot.

MJAnderson
08/16/2006, 11:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7954856#post7954856 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChemE
ReefGeek's packaging on T5's is insanity itself. I'm pretty sure my T5's could have survived the delivery truck wrecking off an interstate overpass. It takes 5 minutes just to unpack them when they show up.

Oh no, UPS can and did break them. The box showed up on my doorstep with a break in the middle with one end at a 30 angle to the other. Funny thing was that UPS wrote
"broken" on the box and someone lined it out and wrote "ok to ship" in bigger letters next to it. Reefgeek replaced no problem.

ChemE
08/17/2006, 06:34 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7955487#post7955487 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MJAnderson
Oh no, UPS can and did break them. The box showed up on my doorstep with a break in the middle with one end at a 30 angle to the other.

How did those clowns manage to bend 1" Schedule 40 PVC pipe? That is an impressive display of carelessness!

crumbletop
08/17/2006, 07:51 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7956483#post7956483 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChemE
How did those clowns manage to bend 1" Schedule 40 PVC pipe? That is an impressive display of carelessness!

Maybe thats what they ship a few bulbs in, but for more bulbs the tube is cardboard. The packing is still insane and it boggles the mind that UPS could break it. My bet is someone late one night at a ups shipping facility thought the bulb box looked like a nice substitute for a makeshift golf club or baseball bat. "Hey, pitch me that small box full-o-christmas-tree-ornaments. I bet I can hit it into the truck!"