PDA

View Full Version : tangs attacking my LPS

calero
08/16/2006, 04:41 PM
hello guys, i have been keeping tangs for a long time and this is the first time that they bother my corals, i have a sohal, yellow and purple but mainly the purple and yellow tangs ( they are not underfed at all ) i feed them every day seaweed and a mix of brine, mysis, blood worms and other frozen stuff but they keep picking at my acans , micros, pectinias, go figure, they are driving me nuts, is there anyway to avoid that or just the inevitable, take them out of there ?

thanks

miwoodar
08/22/2006, 10:00 AM
I had a yellow tang that developed a taste for an open brain after he had been in the tank for >1 year. Both my hippo tang and my true perc watched and learned. They were all very well fed too! Eventually they started picking at anything and everything. I was not able to get them to stop dispite banging on the tank, flicking the lights, and sticking my hands in the tank when they touched something they were not allowed to eat. I almost resorted, believe it or not, shocking the tank with a 9volt battery in hopes to cure their ever developing taste buds. As luck would have it the end of the school year came and I had to move - they took up residence at the LFS.