PDA

View Full Version : Do Green Emeralds molt?

snowman5373
08/16/2006, 10:13 AM
I have had my tank (12 gallon AP) up for about 2.5 weeks. Last week I added, one emerald and one blue leg crab. I havent seen my emerald in a few days, so I moved some rocks around. When I found him he has these balls of what looked like silicon covering only his claws. I also added a cleaner shrimp last night, that lasted oh 2 min. When I was moving the rock around, the poor bastard just jumped up like a dog and landed on his back, died, lol. Going to LFS with shrimp and of course water sample, they did suggest to wait further into my cycle, but if my water comes out ok they will give me another one. Any suggestions on the crab only? Thanks

snowman5373
08/16/2006, 11:45 AM
All set here. My water was tested and everything was ok, besides the simpliest test of all, my salinity. I dont know how I was off so much, stupid. It was way low. My LFS isnt going to void the shrimp all together, when I get my salitinity back up, I need to bring in another sample and they will work something out for another shrimp. Supposedly Emeralds can do some type of molting. Thanks