PDA

View Full Version : how do you feed frozen food?

everl0ng
08/13/2006, 09:09 PM
does it make the water messy? do you thaw it in water first and then dump it all into the tank? do you just drop the cube into the tank and take out what is left over?

skippy2
08/13/2006, 09:34 PM
I thaw a cube in a cup without water. After it's thawed I swish it with a little bit of tank water and pour it in. The more experience you have the more you will know what size cube to feed your tank.

fio1022
08/13/2006, 09:39 PM
I fill a small glass w tank water,add two drops of garlic extreme and thaw cyclopeze,mysis shrimp,and flake.Let it sit for 5min.stir then add.Alot of the time I'll only pour half in and add the rest an hour or so later.

drinkhomebrew
08/13/2006, 09:59 PM
I break it into 1/4 inch chunks and toss it in frozen, my puffer eats it whole

Agu
08/13/2006, 10:06 PM
I thaw the food in the refrigerator in a shot glass of RO/DI water. ( I don't understand the concept of soaking food in used saltwater, I don't drink out of my toilet or use bathwater to cook pasta)

When I feed I use a plastic syringe used for dispensing medications to children (Free at most pharmacies), 5 ml of mixed food /water goes into each 10 gallon tank two times/day.

jessp
08/13/2006, 10:18 PM
is mixing the frozen food with r/o water bad, or does it have to be salt water?

neotekz
08/13/2006, 10:18 PM
i thaw in a small bowl and then try to suck up only the cyclop or mysis using a syringe from my salifert kit and use that to feed the tank. i find doing it this way it doesn;t pollute my tank as much and usually won't effect my skimmer

Andrew
08/13/2006, 11:02 PM
All I do is mix 3-4 types of frozen food, flake food, frozen cocktail shrimp, and wet sheat algae and put it in a bag with some tank water, mix it up, freeze it. Then just break it up into small chucks to feed to the fish. Just make sure you don't over feed. I also add garlic and crushed pellets into the mix.

Marinemom
08/13/2006, 11:10 PM
I usually add a few things togather such as some frozen mysis or plankton mixed with some flake food and some pellets along with a couple of drops of garlic x-treme in a bag of tank water and then just dump it in for the feeding frenzie.

Marinemom