PDA

View Full Version : Hungry acan Lord vs. wrasse

clkwrk
08/12/2006, 01:10 PM
Don't have an explaination

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/o2manytnks/acan-eats-fish.jpg

Jon in SW Ohio
08/12/2006, 05:00 PM
Mine caught my Randall's Pistol Shrimp, now if it'd just catch my Royal Gramma.

Jon

Vamp1975
08/15/2006, 05:39 AM
Wrasse probably just died and the acan was there for the taking...

ReefDoctorMicromussas
08/15/2006, 10:10 AM
Agree with Vamp .. wrasse is far too strong to be caught by acan

tacomareefer
08/15/2006, 12:08 PM
I wish mine would catch my maroon lol...

clkwrk
08/15/2006, 12:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7943416#post7943416 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by doctor64776
Agree with Vamp .. wrasse is far too strong to be caught by acan

I would agree but a late nigh scuffle with one of my big boys could have easily tired it so much it couldn't . My acan had one hell of a grip on it when I tried to pull it loose . I endup leaving it and within an hr or 2 the acan had it gone with the help of 3 shrimps. I will say out of all my wrasses it did look the oldest but really now way to tell as it ate alot during their feeding just 8hrs prior and looked 100%.

At least as someone said in another thread its not offten the expensive coral kills a cheap fish usually its the other way around cheap fish decimates expensive coral.

clkwrk
08/15/2006, 12:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7944142#post7944142 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tacomareefer
I wish mine would catch my maroon lol...

Whats up with your maroon ?

Let me guess she bites or chases you , She redecorates, moves your corals , kicks up sand or kills small anemones?

Here is mine . I finally got something she can't kill by loving on it . She now leaves everything alone . Shes about 10 years old now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/o2manytnks/90%20gallon/july-24th-e.jpg

tacomareefer
08/16/2006, 02:44 AM
Ya pretty much everything you have listed. Constantly kicking sand all over the place for no aparent reason, bites me every time my hand is in the tank and then proceeds to stir up even more sand. Any corals near her den are quickly tail flipped and then burried in sand, If I could catch it I would set up a small tank for it and its mate but until then my tank is a constant sand storm.

clkwrk
08/16/2006, 03:00 AM
get a host it will stop .

GMAX
08/16/2006, 02:15 PM
Nonsense. My maroon clown has a very large rose bubble tip anenome to call home. She still attacks when I am in the tank. Last evening after lights went out she managed to flip two large micromussa colonies off the rocks into the sand despite these being on the opposite side of the reef ( my tank is 360 degree view with an island overflow so she had to leave anenome and swim around the rock or through it to the other side, just to help me position the corals).

Bcollins111900
08/16/2006, 02:42 PM
I always thought maroons had the worse tempers but at a LFS (phishybusiness) they have a pair of bluestripe clowns they took in on trade and WOW they are the most aggresive fish hands down I have ever seen. You come to the tank they charge the glass. You put your hand in the tank to remove a coral they will charge and bite at you. Nasty little guys. I love the pic of the maroon in the anenome.

clkwrk
08/16/2006, 02:50 PM
Well most times it will stop I have seen it more times than not........ maybe you just teased or chased it too much and its now got a grudge against you .

GMAX
08/16/2006, 03:02 PM
No teasing in my tank. And the chasing is all one sided. Me moving my hand quickly so as not to get bumped or bit! Maroons are by their nature aggressive little buggers. I wish I had known that before I got mine. I am sure several other varieties of clown would love to call my rose anenome home!