PDA

View Full Version : blasto feeding...

katpurdy
08/09/2006, 02:42 PM
having just bought my first blasto, I want to do everything to ensure it's optimal health. Does anyone have pics of a blasto eating? or of target feeding one? Is there a sure fire way to know that they are getting what is needed? http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/116645blastos.jpg

Bcollins111900
08/09/2006, 02:47 PM
you will seem them close up if I remember right when they are fed. When I had wellsis I fed them cyclopeeze and mysis. I liked to turn off all the pumps and target feed each polyp with a sea squirt filled with the mysis and cyclopeeze.

katpurdy
08/09/2006, 06:12 PM
the thing for me....is that it won't "grab" the food per say. Unless I put the pop bottle over top, the food is either stolen by a critter or it floats away in the water. Are there feeding tentacles that should be visible when it wants to eat?

andideris
08/10/2006, 10:35 AM
i feed mines spectrum small pellets a couple of times a week using a turkey baster.

impur
08/10/2006, 04:26 PM
The tentacles are very short. Best to turn off all pumps. Drop a piece of mysis right near the mouth and it will close up around it. Use the baster to keep critters away until it finishes eating.

The Beaut
08/10/2006, 06:14 PM
I just use a turkey baster once or twice a week and target feed mysis. They are slow eaters so do whatever you can to stop shrimp etc from taking the food out of their mouths. Also they should be in a low flow area so the flow should not be blowing the food away. They absolutely need to be target fed to get good growth. Also take care with bright light.