PDA

View Full Version : Placement of LSP with soft corals?

scooterbundy
08/08/2006, 11:24 AM
This may sound stupid, but how far apart should you or could you place LSP corals with soft corals. I have Hammerhead coral and Galaxy coral not in close proximity to Singularia or Toadstool, but they don't seem to be doing good after this leathers introduced. Are the leathers putting out any poison that could be effecting the LSP corals. I don't know if I should even have the LSP in the tank with the soft corals. Can you keep both soft and LSPs in the same tank. I have 110 gallon. All the soft corals are fine, so I am thinking maybe only go with soft? Any advise appreciated on mixing or sticking with one kind. Thanks Mike

Ryanqk
08/08/2006, 01:51 PM
You know alot of aquascaping is trial and error, some LPS SPS and softies have a broad range of preferences in lighting, flow, and proximity to certian corals, alot of which you may have to find out on your own. This is becuase even a sub-species of coral may have different qualities as a related type. I know hammerhead coral is said to have the ability to keep disk anenomes at bay, but i dont know if that means it will harm another coral.... Hopefully someone will know more specific info on the pieces you are talking about....
Ryan

Justin74
08/08/2006, 03:59 PM
In a perfect world you want at least 6 inches space between anything and LPS. Galaxia tenticles can get very very long at night. So if it comes in contact with anything thats more potent than he is,problems; let alone the things that hes able to sting.

-Justin