PDA

View Full Version : My frogspawn were bleach, will they coloration come back?

NanoCube-boy
08/07/2006, 03:08 PM
My two fans were blown last week and my I just got it fit, but when the fans were down, my tank was overheating. During the overheating, my Frogspawns were bleach because of the high temperature and it doesn't look as purple tip green metalic outline. Now it's white with metalic green and it doesn't look nice.

I just wondering if there color recover back or they will remain the same?

Bcollins111900
08/07/2006, 03:27 PM
Yes it will come back. Just get the temps back down and watch it closely. If it is willing to except food I would try to feed it but give it a fews days first.

NanoCube-boy
08/07/2006, 03:32 PM
actually, the color used to be really white, but it came back metalic green. The head open, but not as much as healthy time. Though i found them slowly open more then before. Thanks...

Justin74
08/07/2006, 04:23 PM
It's definately possible, although can be pretty scary. I thought mine was a gonner it got soo bleached, but alot of TLC helped get this guy's greens back.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/Justin1974/6-1-05a004a.jpg

You can see how transparent it is there on the right, and heres a pic about a year later on the bottom right, next to the green tipped.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/Justin1974/leftshot.jpg

Alot of variables lead to the this, the first being light. Old bulbs and innefficient design, very low flow etc. Now I have a very efficient light setup, and a nice rolling current to keep food comin his way.

-Justin

NanoCube-boy
08/07/2006, 05:46 PM
I see. Yes, I need to change my bulb too, and also, What do you mean by TLC?

Justin74
08/07/2006, 05:51 PM
Tender Loving Care :D

Dang!Am I that old?:lol2:

-Justin

NanoCube-boy
08/07/2006, 06:14 PM
Hahaha,.................. Good one... Give some love massaging too... HAHA

Justin74
08/07/2006, 06:54 PM
Were you thinking I was telling you to play them some Don't go chasing water falls by TLC?

:lol:

-Justin

NanoCube-boy
08/07/2006, 07:27 PM
haHA

splateee
08/08/2006, 07:56 AM
Our frogspawn bleached out due to consistent hight temperatures over a long period of time before i realized what was going on. It has taken about a month and has come back.

lovelylinda
08/08/2006, 08:16 AM
When you say feed them do you mean more than cyclopleze or phytoplankton twice a week? I tried to feed my new frogspawn mysis, but they wouldn't stick at all, got blown away.

NanoCube-boy
08/08/2006, 11:37 AM
My frogspawn like Formula Reef, Formula one flakes, cyclop-eeze, phytoplantons, and mysis. I switch off food varieties for them to get everything my livestock wants.

NanoKat
08/08/2006, 07:47 PM
I received a frogspawn from a friend that looked about like this when I got it (actually, this pic was taken after a few days in my tank)...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/FramerKat/frogspawnbefore.jpg

Then after a while, this is what it looked like...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/FramerKat/frogspawnafter.jpg

It's even bigger and more beautiful now after about a year in the tank.

I did not know anything about caring for this coral when I got it...I just loved the look of it (even when unhealthy and unhappy), and got lucky with the care and feeding of it. I put it high in my tank (w/ 130w pc's) and I feed it directly with my pellets that I feed my fish (Spectrum)...it seems to love them...just grabs them with its tentacles and brings them into it's mouth(s), of which there are 2 now.

Hope you have as much luck with yours! That's all the special care mine got after being much neglected.

Cubman777
08/08/2006, 10:59 PM
The color will come back. Just be patient. I actually have a bunch of Euphyllia's and they got very bleached (my idiot friend who was watching my tank for me left the lights on for 5 straight days). The color has pretty much come back all of the way.
I have never directly fed food to my corals (just dont see the need to introduce extra nutrients), although I imagine that it couldnt hurt in trying to bring back the color.
good luck

NanoCube-boy
08/09/2006, 10:18 AM
OMG, 5 straight day. Must be a lot of algaes blooming huh? Yea, I know i have to give them sometime to recover. Thanks a lot guys, I feel much better.

Yonghui
08/09/2006, 05:08 PM
When you said "high temprature", how high is it? Just curious. My frogspawn was also bleached about a year ago and the color almost turned to completely white, but it came back in several months. I never understood why it became like that.

NanoCube-boy
08/09/2006, 06:16 PM
My temperature was about over 90degree F. The reason Corals turn white because they tend to get stress with hot temp water. I think there should be more other reason, I'm not really sure, but all I know it's stress as far. Pretty much they are being cook slowly.