PDA

View Full Version : Ozoninationing my tank

_K_E_P_
08/07/2006, 02:57 AM
Done a bit of research on the old ozone. Decided to get it for its water clarity and degrading unskimmable proteins.
In my research have found that it will generally reduce skimmate quantity by breaking down organic waste and letting bacteria do the work. Keeping this in mind how long and at what dosage would you recommend?

I was thinking the two options were 10mg/hr continually or say 25mg/hour for a few hours every second day.

Rationale behind this was that 10mg is probably enough to remove the yellow tinge without sterilising the tank completely, but will have reduced skimming ability.

The other option kind of nukes the baddies in the water so its nice and clear but can still skim a few hours afterward.

If anyone has had experience with either option please sing out :D :D

Can you please correct me if my ideas on the outcomes of these options are wrong.

cheers :beer:
Kyle

Peter Eichler
08/07/2006, 03:12 AM
I don't have any experience using ozone without a redox controller, but congrats on making up a new word :lol:

RichConley
08/07/2006, 09:37 AM
Run it on a controller.

spoiledcats
08/07/2006, 11:04 AM
Don't need no hateration, holleration, ozonination...

_K_E_P_
08/08/2006, 12:07 AM
But I don't really want to run ozone for the purpose of increasing ORP and so on. Just enough to give great water clarity.
Nuke once every couple of days or very small amount 24/7?
Thanks again