PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone NOT own a TV? ...

Newreeflady
05/30/2002, 06:20 PM
Mine blew up last weekend, and i'm not planning on replacing it anytime soon, or at all, really, unless it's free. :D Anyone else out there who is so consumed by their tank(S) that they don't even need tv? Just curious, at this point i'm thinking i'm the only one w/o a tv.

Angela.

Q-ball
05/30/2002, 06:39 PM
Sometimes I wish I didn't:rolleyes:

TheJ
05/30/2002, 06:43 PM
I have one, but I watch it less & less. Maybe a DVD every week or two... Almost no network/cable programming though. No particular reason, just have better things to do. :D

JazzMan
05/30/2002, 06:44 PM
I cant live without my CNN.

reptilicus
05/30/2002, 08:03 PM
G'day,
I've lived in places where I haven't had a TV...the only thing I really watch is sport, and for that I just go down to the local pub and watch it there. A lot of people in Australia go down to the local and watch it anyway, it's sort of a better atmosphere than watching it at home, because you and all your mates can cheer along your team, especially if Australia is playing someone at rugby, cricket or whatever.
I do have a TV ATM, but haven't in the past and wouldn't really miss it if I didn't have it.
Tom

jimmyhof
05/30/2002, 08:11 PM
No Tv for a year. It spent the last 6 years in the closet only coming out on special occasions. Now its reading and the tank. I got rid of it bc. I was addicted and got nothing done. Good luck its doable.
jimmyhof@msn.com

Newreeflady
05/30/2002, 08:53 PM
:D I'm not feeling so alone now!

I agree, nothing gets done! I'll probably get around to testing my water quality now:D lol!

Angela.

FISH
05/30/2002, 10:06 PM
Well if I didn't have a tv I wouldn't be here writing this :) ( msn tv or in other words web tv ) is my computer :)
I also don't watch any regular tv programs . I do flip on the news , weather channel , some sports , and HGTV . That's pretty much it.
Hi newreef :)

Newreeflady
05/30/2002, 10:12 PM
That's neat, Webtv, I heard about that, but never in a big way.. hmm.

Angela.

tentacle
05/31/2002, 05:51 AM
After watching Game 5 of the Laker/Sacramento series I was wishing I didn't have a T.V. :rolleyes: Coincidentally, one of my T.V.'s stopped working last weekend too. It didn't blow up. It just took a long time for the picture to appear, and then started to slowly blink the picture off and on, and still behaves this way. It's up for sale if anyone wants to buy it. :D

dogf
05/31/2002, 09:34 AM
Ok, I know I will get flamed for this :D
I never watch TV cause my other hobby takes too much time. I hack satellite TV. I am too busy trying different scripts out to watch :eek2: I just do it for the fun of it and not into hacking anything else.

gcvt
05/31/2002, 09:52 AM
Geez, if I didn't have a TV, I wouldn't be able to watch the Osbournes! ;)

beerguy
05/31/2002, 11:53 AM
You should have seen it on my 52" -- it was a glorious thing.

Originally posted by tentacle
After watching Game 5 of the Laker/Sacramento series I was wishing I didn't have a T.V. :rolleyes:

katspaw
05/31/2002, 12:18 PM
Geez,
I know how most of you feel. We have a TV in just about every room in the house, I even have one in my SUV. Funny thing is, I would rather read a good book than watch television. I do like to watch CSI on Thurday's though, otherwise it's for the kids.

Tracey

kaotica
05/31/2002, 12:55 PM
sometimes i wonder why i even spent the money on a tv...
it's always off.. i hate teh vegetative state i fall into when watching tv, even as little as i do.
I spend most of my time online where i get to pick what i see, and it's not dictated by some corporate team in NYC or DC.

the only times i use it is to watch DVDs in which case I allow myself to get envloped by it :-) and my hometheater :-)

tentacle
05/31/2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by beerguy
You should have seen it on my 52" -- it was a glorious thing.
That's mean beerguy!

(beerguy) :crazy1::hammer: (tentacle)

:D

dollarz81
05/31/2002, 04:22 PM
Who could live without the Discovery Channel and"Blue Planet"