PDA

View Full Version : I'm here

CaptainDave
08/06/2006, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say hello and let you guys know that I'm finally here and moved in down on Mud Island. We moved everything in on Friday, so we got lucky and it was a nice day to move.

I've finally gotten my tank set up with the exception of a ball valve that was missing some o-rings (grrrr). All the livestock made the two-day trip with the exception of a goby. I guess he wasn't cut out for traveling.

Anyway, I'll try to get a picture up here later tonight.

I'll have some live rock for sale in a couple of days, some with zoos on it. (It's leftover from my old, larger tank).

cateyes
08/06/2006, 10:25 AM
hey CaptainDave,,, glad you made it here with minimal loss...

be sure and post pics when you can... we all like to see different setups , so we can steal,, i mean get, new ideas... :)

i'm re-doing my 29g. zoanthid/ricordea tank and might be interested in some of that rock with zoas on it, when you get ready to part with it... just let me know...

lisa

CaptainDave
08/06/2006, 11:56 AM
hey lisa,
I'll let you know about the rock, maybe later this week when things calm down a little bit.

I was going to post a pic but my camera is currently buried in a box somewhere. I'll try to dig it out soon.

CaptainDave
08/06/2006, 03:21 PM
you will just have to settle for this crappy cell phone picture until I find my digital:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/dmcneely/30cube.jpg

acro-wrasse
08/06/2006, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the Hood!!

boofer
08/06/2006, 09:44 PM
Hello and hope you enjoy the stay....
So far, Ive realized It does take a little work to adjust ;)

drowzee
08/06/2006, 10:40 PM
welcome to memphis. we know you have the skill for reef keeping how about sharing your skills on homebrewing.

Dirtball
08/06/2006, 10:41 PM
Welcome to Elvis town. Hope you enjoy your stay. And I think it takes more than just a little work to adjust to this place!!!!

CaptainDave
08/07/2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. As far as adjusting, I was born down here, so it's kind of full circle for me. It's good to be back in the city.

Drowzee, anytime you want to talk about homebrewing, let me
know. On a related note, anyone that can point me to a place in the city with an above average selection of beer, shoot me a PM.

I'll see you all at the next meeting!