PDA

View Full Version : So, leaving for tour in a month or so.....how will my tanks survive?

MadSkillzMan
08/04/2006, 03:08 PM
hi guys. So im curious, how do you guys handle prolonged absense from your tanks? and still have everything fine?

I got into a major label band in early july, and we've finished up learning where the old guys left off, and aug/sept we're looking to hit the road.

Now i know my lovely gf nikki will help me, but she may be there with us for some. Now i know i can trust my brother to handle my tropical tanks, and probably the salt, but i dont know if he'll know when somethings wrong. Ill be making stops home every few weeks, but i cant help the horror stories i hear from a lady friend whos mom is watching her tank while shes out of state for the summer

how do you guys deal with this?
i really do not want to give up this hobby just yet.

thanks in advance.

carman9941
08/04/2006, 03:42 PM
where in cleveland do you live mabey I can help

MadSkillzMan
08/04/2006, 03:57 PM
Im in old brooklyn. Illl worry more when i have dates set in stone lol. Its a long story, but things are hectic due to the acts of previous, unreliable members.

smmscott
08/04/2006, 09:51 PM
I understand what you are going through. I just finished some regional touring in the same field as you. I trusted my girlfriend and she did well. She would call at the slightest thing and I think she knows more about my tank than I do. Best of luck to you. Tours are fun.

RobG
08/07/2006, 10:38 AM
One of my neighbors watches my tank while I'm out of town. I have very detailed written instructions and tell him to call if anything is even slightly different that he expects.

Whats the name of your band?

MadSkillzMan
08/07/2006, 02:43 PM
Not oF This Earth

Right now the tank is easy to take care of. i lost my goby due to heat, so now its just 3 chromis, LR and some snails.