PDA

View Full Version : were is the best place to get lps on line

the coral dude
08/04/2006, 09:20 AM
were is the best place to get lps online
i have seen
extrem corals way over priced
bought from ultima frags before
and from sharky before looking for some that are not our sponsors that our decent priced thanks

Sk8r
08/04/2006, 09:35 AM
Personally I favor liveaquaria. I've never gotten parasites from their shipments and they have a guarantee they come through with...that can top small savings as an inducement.

seaduck
08/04/2006, 10:20 AM
Atlantis has pretty good prices on small frogs n hammers n torches. I am thinking about placing a order with them. Anyone else use them?

RandyO
08/04/2006, 12:59 PM
Fraggle reef has some nice pieces. You just have to keep checking the site, since it's updated a couple times a week. I picked up a sweet Sandalolitha sp. last month.
It's a multimouthed Fungia.
Free shipping is always a plus.

oldreefer76
08/04/2006, 08:42 PM
www.coralshopp.com local to me and is rebuilding there buisiness and will soon offer mostly tank raised corals of all types Mike and Danielle are great people to deal with

oldreefer76
08/04/2006, 08:43 PM
www.coralshoppe.com
sorry my bad typing

Bcollins111900
08/04/2006, 09:53 PM
www.phishybusiness.com you will thank me later. Read his feedback on his forum here on RC. Shipping techniques and coral quality a second to none. I am just fortunate to have him 15 mins from me. By far the best place I have every purchased corals, hands down beats any ther online stores I have purchased from, and that list is LONGGGGGGGGG.

andideris
08/10/2006, 02:01 AM
i've purchased from ultimatefrags, liveaquaria, and also extreme corals. extremecorals is #1 in my book, second would be liveaquaria...and let's just say that i will never ever purchase from ultimatefrags again...

ReefDoctorMicromussas
08/10/2006, 07:41 AM
I second PhishyBusiness... Serdar and Renee are awesome... cant have better packing or coral quality! And he really stands behind what he sells...

jasutton
08/11/2006, 02:27 AM
yeah but the prices are outrageous...60$ for mushrooms?

ReefDoctorMicromussas
08/11/2006, 07:42 AM
I am used to paying for quality :) this is an expensive hobby... I live very rural america and cannot just go down to the LFS ... I hope that you live closer to the coasts where the availabilty keeps the prices lower ... Besides he asked about LPS... which is mostly what I buy from Serdar... NOT mushrooms

jasutton
08/11/2006, 12:20 PM
but you dont think the LPS prices are a little hi too? i have only heard good things about the guy, not bashing here. I am also looking at online vendors and i am honestly asking if the prices are worth it is all.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
08/11/2006, 02:31 PM
Of everywhere that I have bought (Besides from individules and trades) the BEST are:

Corals... Serdar @ PhishyBusiness (Worth every penny yes :) and free shipping during august)
Fish....... Saltwaterfish.com (WOW Free Shipping!)
Supplies... MarineDepot

These vendors are Fast, affordable and most of all each time that I have had ANY problem they stood behind thier product... That goes a very long way in my book :)

Chris

PS. I grew up in / around Chicago... Dalton, Park Forest, Gary, Merrilville, Chicago Hieghts ect.

Where in Chicago are you?

jasutton
08/11/2006, 03:49 PM
currently i am in Bucktown, but my tank is in Oak Park :/ . I dont really need to worry about online vendors, but its always nice to know of a good one

ezcompany
08/11/2006, 07:32 PM
i second extreme corals.
superior customer service, flawless packaging and shipping. 150$ free shipping

Bcollins111900
08/12/2006, 07:20 AM
The red mushrooms Phishy Business has on there site are HUGE! I bought a loose one mounted to some live rock about a month ago and the thing is a solid 3" across now. It is a true red (iredecent). His stuff is hands down the best out there.
ost places will ship you corals regardless of the health, Phishy refuses to ship less than perfect corals. I have personaly seen him tell a customer in his store he refuses to sell them a coral due to the corals health ot suggest a diff. coral due to there set up so it flurishes. I bought a nice large acan colony from extreme corals about a year and a half ago. When I received it, it looked nothing like the picture on the website (candy can striped acan). I was dissapointed with that. Not to mention a few days later it died and I was sort of given the cold shoulder. To me you get what you pay for in this hobby which is not cheap.

natureboy
08/12/2006, 08:13 AM
If you want cheap frags, then you just can't beat www.seacrop.com for the prices. I placed an order a couple months ago, and I'm happy with what I got.