PDA

View Full Version : August meeting???

Rendos
07/31/2006, 03:30 PM
Is there one? Where and when?

bshumake
07/31/2006, 08:29 PM
The August and September meetings will be in Jackson to get us back on schedule. Now, who would like to host the August meeting. Vicki Moore has offered to hold the September meeting.

Rendos
08/01/2006, 07:41 AM
Joe and Dawn Mooney offered their home a couple of months back. They may still be interested.

bshumake
08/09/2006, 08:00 AM
No word from Joe and Dawn.
Would anyone else like to host the August meeting?

Rendos
08/09/2006, 03:18 PM
Since no one from J-town is volunteering, I understand that Cass Howard has volunteered here in Memphis. She is actually in Collierville...but she said she would enjoy having everyone over. I have been to Cass's home, and it is beautiful...oh, yeah...and her tank is really nice too!

Reefdiver77
08/09/2006, 08:53 PM
Will it be the usual third weekend? If so, I have another commitment and will be unable to attend.

acro-wrasse
08/11/2006, 10:12 AM
Is there an update el presidente?

bshumake
08/11/2006, 10:42 AM
theres two potential hosts and both are in Memphis. Our September meeting will be in Jackson (actually in Beach Bluff) and October will be at Jay's house here in Memphis. I'm hoping that more Jackson members will offer their houses so we can have Jackson meetings again.

bshumake
08/11/2006, 06:49 PM
OK. August meeting is scheduled.
Cass Howard has offered her home for our August meeting. I'll get directions up here when I finalize everything with her. Saturday August 19th at her house (Collierville) at 5PM. This meeting will be a "free-for-all." Meaning, we'll break up into groups and address a lot of different areas of the hobby. I know while some of us are well versed in the field, others are not and could benefit greatly from our experience, recommendations, and general knowledge. So any questions anyone has and might feel compelled to ask, bring them on. This will be the meeting to pick brains (and not through you nose :lol:)!

teena
08/11/2006, 07:08 PM
thats a great idea. so me as a new person to the meetings can ask everything you always wanted to know about keeping a reef tank but were AFRAID to ask, in the same room with members whos been there done that got the fish, & we all have fun, how did you come up with great plan? Ha! Ha!

bshumake
08/11/2006, 09:20 PM
Well, I didn't want to name the guilty party for this Idea to protect your identity. But since you've outed yourself...

teena
08/11/2006, 09:33 PM
i dont mind, youve seen my tank, i need all the help i can get. i wouldnt mind having a meeting @ my house but until my tank looks as good as yours or roys ill wait,

casshoward
08/12/2006, 08:16 AM
Hey! No one said I needed to have a NICE TANK to host a meeting!....I guess I'm Out! (just kidding). I would hate to sadly disappoint a fellow WTMRC member (being fairly new and all)! BUT, if you like looking at rock that hopes to host a pretty softie one day, then my tank is one to gaze at!!!! (:)).

I look forward to meeting more of the gang and am very happy to serve as your host.

Cass

just dave
08/12/2006, 09:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7925287#post7925287 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by casshoward
Hey! No one said I needed to have a NICE TANK to host a meeting!....I guess I'm Out! (just kidding). I would hate to sadly disappoint a fellow WTMRC member (being fairly new and all)! BUT, if you like looking at rock that hopes to host a pretty softie one day, then my tank is one to gaze at!!!! (:)).

I look forward to meeting more of the gang and am very happy to serve as your host.

Cass

http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/Charlies%20Misc%20One%209%2027%2005%20030.jpg

:D

teena
08/12/2006, 09:58 AM
well ive only been to one meeting so far, & the tank seems to be the gathering place, bshumake said my tank looked fine, but this coming from a guy who said he thought my chihuahua was a beagle, hes just big boned, hes only 19 lb. thats just baby fat, but shes 9yr old, (maybe hes right)

casshoward
08/13/2006, 05:59 AM
Okay Dave, you're making me nervous! Was there something you failed to warn me about when we spoke about this meeting thing! Now you show me the clue! (i.e. the SUCKER) And just when I thought we had bonded.......

bshumake
08/15/2006, 09:16 AM
450 Tuscumbia Cove East, Collierville, TN 38017

Here are the directions:

I-240 ==> 385/Nonconnah/Bill Morris Parkway (EAST) ==> go 8 exits to BYHALIA RD ==> go RIGHT (SOUTH) on Byhalia RD towards Mississippi ==> go to Estanaula Trails subdivision and turn left into the first entrance (ITAWAMBA RD) ==> turn LEFT on TUSCUMBIA RD (the 3rd left) ==> my house in on the right, NW corner of the next intersection (TUSCUMBIA COVE EAST)

scarson61
08/19/2006, 11:28 AM
What time is the meeting tonight?
Sanford

cateyes
08/19/2006, 01:39 PM
5PM