PDA

View Full Version : update on lil bleached torch

seaduck
07/31/2006, 01:06 PM
The lil 2 headed torch frag is still kicking. 2 weeks of feeding 4 times a week. One head is slowly starting to get its color back. Tips are still white but tenticles are turning tan. The other half head is still the same but not any worse. It's still very pale compared to my frog which has fully recovered and is doing great and growing big. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I feel so sorry for this lil torch. The heads are the size of a nickel and stay extened as long as the light is on. Thanks for the advise guys, i'm gonna keep on feeding this thing til it fully recovers.

r00onmac
07/31/2006, 02:55 PM
what are you feeding it?

mine isnt bleached but i just want to know what yours eats because mine seemed to eat a piece or two of shrimp in the beginning and since then he hasnt seemed interested... he kind of holds it and then lets it go...

seaduck
07/31/2006, 03:47 PM
dts natural reef diet- oyster eggs, cyclopeeze and kent microvert. Rotating one of the above every other day. Target feed with baster. These r very small sized foods. Some think the cyclopeeze is too big for lps but i'm not sure. I turn off the protein skimmer for an hour or so and the filter off for 15 mins during feeding. The frog responded to above treatment and has almost doubled in size...I still feed it when the torch is fed.