PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn frag with a brown jelly infection

Chupakabra-King
07/29/2006, 03:24 PM
Hello all !

I have a frogspawn head that was fragged from a mother colony and his skeleton was broken in about 4 pieces . I have made a stand for him out of epoxy and wedged him in there as best I could considering his broken skeleton. I noticed this morning that he had a spot or two of brown jelly on him so I used a turkey baster and blew it off . He has remained closed all day . He usually is open during the day .

My question is do I need to do anything else besides blowing off the brown jelly ? He seems really stressed and I don't want to dip him unless I have to .

What do you think ?

Thanks for the info ,

Joe

zarro
07/30/2006, 10:38 PM
don't blow of the brown jelly ,in your main tank or your other coral
will get it to ,do it in a container out side you main tank.

07/31/2006, 11:52 AM
Could you provide a picture of what your BJ looks like? I've heard of this disease but never saw it before.

Chupakabra-King
07/31/2006, 12:23 PM
Sorry I cannot . The frag literally disintegrated in a matter of hours. It was a total loss . :(

07/31/2006, 01:19 PM
Ouch! So sorry to hear that!

Chupakabra-King
07/31/2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks , It was a very pretty morph too . Green with purple tips . I am gonna miss it ! :(

07/31/2006, 01:36 PM
i roughed up my open brain yesterday and i'm afraid I may have sealed it death.

theyeg2
07/31/2006, 02:44 PM
Keep an eye out for any other coral that you may develop the Brown Jelly disease. I have sucessfully dipped some LPS corals such as Anchor in Lugols and cut away all infected tissue. I agree with the comments above about NOT blowing off the Brown Jelly in your show tank. It is better to bag the entire coral under water (if possible) and then dip/frag/clean as required.

Chupakabra-King
07/31/2006, 05:41 PM
I only have one other LPS in my tank . I am coming back from a long vacation from the hobby so I have almost nothing . Thanks for the heads up though . I will definitely keep an eye out . . .