PDA

View Full Version : Rock/Substrate group order

bshumake
07/28/2006, 07:22 PM
Alright, now that the lighting group order is underway, its time to move onto rock and substrate.
Anyone interested in Live Rock and/or sand let me know.
B
P.S. After this I believe its gonna be carbon and then food.

zebrafish
07/29/2006, 08:54 AM
Being new to the club and all; here is a stupid question:
How does the group order work?

bshumake
07/29/2006, 08:40 PM
Group order work like so:
We get up a desired amount of some item and I shop arround from the sponsors to others to get the best price. Everyone pays and order is placed. When it comes in you come pick it up and we're done. This works out best for all because we wind up buying in bulk and get a better price overall.

zebrafish
07/30/2006, 04:30 PM
I am interested. Could use at least 50 lbs. for now. Maybe more.

bshumake
08/07/2006, 10:37 AM
OK, So if Zebra is the only one needing rock here yall we'll have to skip and goto the Food group order.

casshoward
08/09/2006, 09:54 AM
Hey Mr. prez,

I am back after a brief tour (No,...not performing..;)). I saw your thread this am, and you know I need LR. I would be willing to get 100-150 pounds (depending on the LR and the price). I have been stalling but I'm ready to build-up my wall.

Cass

bshumake
08/09/2006, 10:30 AM
Well cool then. Order's on!
So we're sitting at 200# currently. I'll give this a nother couple days and see what Dave can do us for rock shipped.
B

eyebedam
08/09/2006, 01:14 PM
How does the order get seperated? Does 1 person pick? Does all the primo rock go to the order seperator or what? Just curious.

bshumake
08/09/2006, 02:59 PM
As far as I'm concerned The rock will be divided up according to weight. I can try and get pieces at about the size you're wanting and separate them out according to weight reguardless of look. i.e. You want 30# of Marshall in small to medium pieces. I want 30# in large pieces. If I can dint a big piece or pieces that = 30# I'll get them, you'll get the small to med pieces that =30#. I'm not counting rubble BTW. What good is it for aquascaping anyway. Usually Primo rock is an upcharge with these places anyway so I'm assuming that all the rock will be of the same quality which we will all agree on, and I'll try and make sure that everyone gets nice stuff. The last thing anyone wants is to get shafted on a rock order. So believe me, I'll try and keep it as fair as I can.

eyebedam
08/09/2006, 03:05 PM
Cool I wasnt trying to be difficult or anything I was just curious about the process.

bshumake
08/09/2006, 04:12 PM
Oh I understand. No problem at all. Just to keep it from being a "free for all" I'll be dividing it up.

dtbradly
08/09/2006, 04:46 PM
I would be willing to go in for about 30ish lbs depending on when the final buy would be.

TitansFan
08/14/2006, 10:05 AM
Even though i am in Nashville I would be interested in prolly 100#s if allowed in on it. Has this group buy been put together already? What kind of rock are you looking at and from where? What kind of prices?

bshumake
08/14/2006, 10:31 AM
The Rock order deadline is officially up. Anyone interested in ordering should PM me with your poundage and preference (Marshall, Fiji, etc) and i'll work up a bulk price. It will likely be limited to what is offered reguarding type so your preference just lets me know what would be preferred. I will PM back with prices when I have them and will order soon after. Money should be sent/collected by/to me before order is placed. Pick-up will be at my house. Rock not claimed (or if I'm not notified of a time to claim) will be donated to St Jude.
Thanks all.
B

bshumake
08/14/2006, 10:32 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7936167#post7936167 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TitansFan
I would be interested in prolly 100#s if allowed in on it.
Sure, you're in.

bshumake
08/15/2006, 02:59 PM
I have prices. PM me with your approximate poundage needed so I know what bracket we'll fall into.

bshumake
08/17/2006, 11:59 AM
I finally got the pricing in from Premium Aquatics. I'll PM the prices to those who PM'd me with their requests. Again, if you want in on these great deals PM me with what you want. I have Pricing from Kermit's Reef (local, cured, easily accessable and always nice) and from Premium Aquatics (UNCURED!, additional shipping charge, great price, nice look).
Thanks,
Barrett

just dave
08/17/2006, 12:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7958100#post7958100 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bshumake
I finally got the pricing in from Premium Aquatics. I'll PM the prices to those who PM'd me with their requests. Again, if you want in on these great deals PM me with what you want. I have Pricing from Kermit's Reef (local, cured, easily accessable and always nice) and from Premium Aquatics (UNCURED!, additional shipping charge, great price, nice look).
Thanks,
Barrett

That's not right. The rock ( Marshall) you get from me will be just like from Premium as we get it from the same place. It will be uncured and straight from the Islands. I'm sure Premiums uncured is the same, straight from the shipper as well. Like I said we get it from the same place and I don't mean the we get it from the Marshall's but we get it from the same supplier out of the Marshall's. The prices I quoted were not applicable to coming in the shop and picking it out of the system. It's for quantity that is delivered as I receive it.

bshumake
08/17/2006, 02:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7958407#post7958407 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by just dave
That's not right. The rock ( Marshall) you get from me will be just like from Premium as we get it from the same place. It will be uncured and straight from the Islands. I'm sure Premiums uncured is the same, straight from the shipper as well. Like I said we get it from the same place and I don't mean the we get it from the Marshall's but we get it from the same supplier out of the Marshall's. The prices I quoted were not applicable to coming in the shop and picking it out of the system. It's for quantity that is delivered as I receive it.
Thanks for correcting me on that Dave. What I meant by "easily accessable" was that its the same type that you have in the store and if they didn't get in on this order they can always get the same kind at your store (not for the same price of course!). And I honestly thought your rock was cured. Sorry about that.

just dave
08/17/2006, 06:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7958913#post7958913 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bshumake
Thanks for correcting me on that Dave. What I meant by "easily accessable" was that its the same type that you have in the store and if they didn't get in on this order they can always get the same kind at your store (not for the same price of course!). And I honestly thought your rock was cured. Sorry about that.

I don't sell rock as cured. It may have cured by sitting around but you should treat it all as uncured , even rock sold as cured should be viewed as uncured.

Not trying to correct you,just trying to prevent any assumptions that could cause someone problems.

bshumake
08/18/2006, 12:19 PM
Last call for rock! I need everyones requests in by Saturday Night so I can get it all together and email Jason on Monday for a total.

ocd_mariner
08/18/2006, 12:36 PM
Can I still get in on this?!? Talk about PERFECT timing if so :) My 150 is going up this week. I need around #150-200 pounds. What is the group price? PLEASE LET ME IN!!! :)

bshumake
08/18/2006, 03:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7960622#post7960622 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by just dave
I don't sell rock as cured. It may have cured by sitting around but you should treat it all as uncured , even rock sold as cured should be viewed as uncured.

Not trying to correct you,just trying to prevent any assumptions that could cause someone problems.
Thanks Dave. I bow to your wisdom and questionable genetalia.:lol:

bshumake
08/23/2006, 12:38 PM
Here is where the order stands and what I'm getting a total price on.
Zebrafish = 2 boxes
Dirtball= 15# (sorry but I'm gonna have to leave you out on this one, but I'll have pleanty of LR after the move ;)
Cass= 3 boxes
Titansfan= 3 boxes
Ocd_mariner= 4 boxes

If there is any change in what I have typed above LET ME KNOW ASAP!

bshumake
08/23/2006, 02:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7997045#post7997045 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bshumake
Zebrafish = 2 boxes
Dirtball= 15# (sorry but I'm gonna have to leave you out on this one, but I'll have pleanty of LR after the move ;)
Cass= 3 boxes
Titansfan= 3 boxes
Ocd_mariner= 4 boxes

If there is any change in what I have typed above LET ME KNOW ASAP! Ocd_mariner= 4 boxes Is out.

bshumake
08/29/2006, 07:47 AM
order is still in the works. I'm trying to get a definitive total to work up the individuals prices.

joubentwin
08/31/2006, 12:08 AM
I want to get in on the order but I only need half a box of so. If someone wants to split a box (Dirtball maybe) with me I am in as well.

bshumake
08/31/2006, 08:44 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7997045#post7997045 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bshumake
Zebrafish = 2 boxes
Cass= 3 boxes
Titansfan= 3 boxes
Ocd_mariner= 4 boxes

If there is any change in what I have typed above LET ME KNOW ASAP!
Titansfan and Ocd_mariner are both out.
Dirtball, If you and joubentwin want to split a box let me know. I have to get a new quote now (if we still make the requirements).
B

fifamickey
08/31/2006, 11:49 AM
Pj I don't really need any rock at the moment but I will split the box with you so you can get what you need.

bshumake if it is not too late put my son and I in for one box.

Thanks

crpeck
08/31/2006, 05:15 PM
fifamickey .... If you really don't want it, I'd take the other half if Barrett can still add to the order.

This might get me going on the 24 gallon I still haven't set up. I'm fine either way, though.

Cathy

fifamickey
09/01/2006, 07:31 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8052810#post8052810 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crpeck
fifamickey .... If you really don't want it, I'd take the other half if Barrett can still add to the order.

This might get me going on the 24 gallon I still haven't set up. I'm fine either way, though.

Cathy

That is fine; you both can share the box. I would have just left it in the garage for a rainy day. I just wanted to make sure my son got what he needed.

bshumake
09/01/2006, 07:56 AM
With a total of 6 boxes we nolonger apply for the minimum Marshall order so we'll have to go with the Tonga. Any objections? Or we can always get the Marshall from Kermit's.

joubentwin
09/01/2006, 11:24 AM
No objections, its what I have in there now.

zebrafish
09/01/2006, 07:47 PM
I am still in for 2 boxes.

crpeck
09/02/2006, 05:38 PM
How many lbs. in a box?

Are you ready to do this soon? I just figured out where the nano is going to look great and now I'm anxious to set up.

I'd be very happy to just get the rock from Kermits. How much are you saving on the group order with as little as we're getting?
There is some value in being able to see what you're getting and pick out the shapes you like.

Unless the price difference or rock quality is huge, I'd just as soon support Kermits and be able to pick out the rock.

It's not my call since I'm a tag-a-long on this order and taking so little of it. I'll go along with whatever you all want to do, but I would like to go ahead and do it pretty soon if we're going to.

THANKS
Cathy

bshumake
09/03/2006, 08:09 AM
Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to pick out rock ordering through Premium Aquatics or Kermits. Its just a box order and you get whatever is in the box. Now thats not to say that we couldn't swap and barter amongst ourselves.
I didn't get a chance to talk to Dave so I'll try for today.

bshumake
09/04/2006, 01:31 PM
Rock's been ordered! Dave will call me when its here. I'll be contacting those of you participation with a total! Thanks all!

just dave
09/04/2006, 06:29 PM
Arrives Wednesday.

crpeck
09/04/2006, 10:59 PM
Does it come in at the airport? Who was picking up?

I've got to take someone to the airport Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. so if I can help with the pick up let me know.

just dave
09/04/2006, 11:05 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8079650#post8079650 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crpeck
Does it come in at the airport? Who was picking up?

I've got to take someone to the airport Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. so if I can help with the pick up let me know.

Great, I've got sixteen boxes coming in. Let me know when you drop 'em off at the shop.:p

crpeck
09/04/2006, 11:14 PM
Hmmmmm........... . I wasn't thinking quite so many boxes and poundage when I made that offer. If someone will help load and if they'll fit in my Volvo without popping my tires I don't mind.

But somehow I think that isn't going to work in my car.

Sounds like I need to clarify to say "help" not do all.

just dave
09/04/2006, 11:24 PM
Not to worry.
I'm picking them up.

crpeck
09/04/2006, 11:38 PM
Whew!

just dave
09/06/2006, 09:48 AM
Rock is in and I'm off to pick it up.

bshumake
09/06/2006, 06:56 PM