PDA

View Full Version : toadstool (sarcophyton) removal

Avian
07/27/2006, 01:40 PM
I have a long polyped toadstool (sarcophyton) that is attached to two rocks in my 55g tank. For the last month it has been retracted, due to the fact that two rather large RBTAs have been rubbing against it. I am interested in moving the toadstool, but i would have to rip it off the rock. Is this safe to do? I plan on fragging the pieces i rip off into about six frags. Should i try and remove both rocks, rip it of and chisel off the base that is attached to the rocks, or can i just leave the cut stump? I just dont want it to poison my water column. thanks

RoscoPColtrane
07/27/2006, 02:50 PM
pull out the rock, cut the base with a razor blade. the remaining base will probably grow another head. Super glue can be used to reattach the stalk to another rock.

Scatcat
07/28/2006, 07:42 AM
I just removed mine I kinda cut and pulled at the same time there is very little left on the rock. I moved it to the bottom and kinda bent it so it has more room. It's still not happy but I think it's going to be fine. It's not a big deal go for it. I left it in the tank while I did it.
Scat

fittdog8848
07/28/2006, 08:32 AM
Nice post Avian I was going ot ask the same question. Not trying to hijack the thread but does anyone know if it works the same for all softies. I have a leather I need to cut into like 30 different pieces.