PDA

View Full Version : where's the bathroom? huh?

Nina51
07/27/2006, 06:22 AM
our 3 a.m. conversation...

nudge, nudge

gary: honey? where's the bathroom?

nina: huh??

gary: where's the bathroom? i gotta take a leak.

nina: huh???

gary (urgent): where's the bathroom???

nina: ummm...ummmm

gary: honey!! honey??

nina: the bathroom? which one? we have two.

gary: well ummm, where's the bathroom?

nina (who is wide awake by now): i dunno. there's one right here and there's another one at the other end of the house.

gary: oh. ummm. never mind. i was dreaming and i woke up in a different house and i didn't know where the bathroom was.

nina: ohhhh, okay sweetie. soooo...are you gonna get up?

gary (who is wide awake now too): well, don't you think i SHOULD?

nina: why yes, yes i think you should!

gary: ok, go back to sleep, i'm fine now.

nina: zzzzzzz

:D

i'm reminded of the evening after gary's very first chemo treatment when the poison they injected into his body caused a fever of 104 point-smething, produced this conversation:

gary: are you keeping track of this?

nina: of what hon?

gary: my eyes

nina: what about your eyes??

gary: they blink.

nina: yes hon, they do. so do mine.

gary: you gotta keep track of when i blink. every time.

nina: oooookay. why??

gary: you gotta keep track of every time i blink. the nurses are gonna wanna know.

nina: ooooooooookay.

;)

emilye2
07/27/2006, 07:22 AM
Hahahaha! Oh nina, you poor thing. As if you weren't confused enough.......;)

dc
07/27/2006, 07:28 AM
LOL, wake that man up before you have a conversation with him. :lol:

crp
07/27/2006, 08:02 AM
Too funny. My son did that once except he took a wrong turn going to the bathroom and walked through my bedroom into my walk in closet and went in there before I could get out of bed fast enough to stop him.

Males are such strange creatures! :lol:

Carrie

VoidRaven
07/27/2006, 10:02 AM
So? How many times did he blink? You WERE keeping track of it, right? The nurses *will* want to know these things! Geez woman!

TheBimbo
07/27/2006, 10:12 AM
Nina I have to meet Gary one day, he's great!!! :D Yeah as Void said, how many times did he blink??? I'm thinking that's a very important medical thing;) , let's ask Dr. Joey!!!

Ohhh, I bet he's having a fantasy about you wearing a nurse uniform :D...

Christy... :)

Travis L. Stevens
07/27/2006, 10:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7823596#post7823596 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crp
Too funny. My son did that once except he took a wrong turn going to the bathroom and walked through my bedroom into my walk in closet and went in there before I could get out of bed fast enough to stop him.

Males are such strange creatures! :lol:

Carrie

My mother often told the story of my uncle using the refrigerator as a urinal while sleep walking. Anyone for lemonade? How about some pickles?

dc
07/27/2006, 11:04 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7824511#post7824511 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Travis L. Stevens
My mother often told the story of my uncle using the refrigerator as a urinal while sleep walking. Anyone for lemonade? How about some pickles?

http://images15.fotki.com/v268/photos/2/28482/3138611/13-vi.gif

Nina51
07/27/2006, 11:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7824256#post7824256 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TheBimbo
Nina I have to meet Gary one day, he's great!!! :D Yeah as Void said, how many times did he blink??? I'm thinking that's a very important medical thing;) , let's ask Dr. Joey!!!

Ohhh, I bet he's having a fantasy about you wearing a nurse uniform :D...

Christy... :)

i wish you ALL could meet this man. without a doubt, you would love him! he's an ornery as they come and i swear, on his death bed (no time soon!!!!!!!!), he will be cracking jokes.

the trip to the doctor's office takes us just over an hour. by the time i get there, i ALWAYS have to make a pit stop. john met us this morning for this appointment. gary and he were sitting in the hall waiting for me. as i emerged from the rest room, gary says to john "isn't your mom just sexy!?!" i, of course, was mortified. you just don't say those things to a SON. especially when there are a dozen other people within earshot waiting for the elevator!!! as usual, i said "what am i gonna DO with you??" his stock answer is always "love me!!" :D

dc
07/27/2006, 12:11 PM
LOL, he definately sounds like a corker! You definately need to have a RC BBQ! When it cools off of course! How'd the doc go?

TheBimbo
07/27/2006, 12:52 PM
Love that...:) He is a great guy, well to have you in his life, well it just makes him greater...

Christy...:rollface: