PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Parent or Spouse Reef comments?

Debin
05/24/2002, 11:54 PM
So what are some of the funniest things that family members have noticed or said about your tanks? Just the other day my dad came to visit me and see me newer tank. *the last one was a hair algae infested 55g, newon is beautiful 90G* He's lookin around and says..."well its pretty...but I liked all that wavy green stuff you used to have, that was much better." *slaps his forehead* I paid 300 bucks for RO machine to get rid of that stuff!

Also my good friend came over...and as I only have 1 fish, a Lawnmower Blenny *which is the coolest aquarium fish ever...hands down* and some crabs, shrimp, snails, and conchs. he takes a look and says "I find your lack of fish disturbing"
All you Star Wars nerds out there will get a kick outta that one :) *which includes me* :) Rock On Reef Brothers!

Kapelakin
05/25/2002, 12:05 AM
It would either have to be:

That eel looks like a sock puppet,

OR

I wonder what that [cleaner shrimp] would taste like.

SaltwaterSensei
05/25/2002, 12:12 AM
I have a nephnew who asked my why I painted all my rocks purple.....And My friend who is Columbian, well his aunt from columbia came to visit and it took a use like a week to convince her hat the corals are NOT fruits or vegtables....He has a fish only system and she was looking at mine wondering what all these "plantas" were...that was funny at first but then annoying about five days later...heheheh,lol. hmm oh and my dad got all worryed when my cleaner shrimp was cleaning one of my fish..."Porscheguy come quike your shrimp is eating one of your fish"....that was a riot...

TheJ
05/25/2002, 12:20 AM
"Why is that fish having sex with that plant?"

(clownfish in anemone).

A\/enger
05/25/2002, 12:24 AM
Most of these arent from spouses or parents but when Im working at the store I get:
"Mister, Mister you gotta save that fishy the plant is trying to eat it!" (clown and anemone)
"Is all this stuff really alive?"
"Is it realy $22.50 for that tiny little shrimp?" (cleaner shrimp)
"Can you make the puffer puff up for me?"
"Is live rock really alive?" (I reply, no sir the rock itself isnt alive but purple coraline growing on it is) "So it doesnt do anything then huh?"

marppo
05/25/2002, 12:34 AM
Wife to daughter " Where's your Father?"

Daughter " He's watching Daddy TV"

fish_who?
05/25/2002, 12:40 AM
I had just fed my tank with some nori on one of those clips that look like a percula. The suction cup would not stay, so I tied a string to it to float it.

N-E-WAY
My Fiancé’s mom walked up to the tank, and said 'Man that one fish must really be hungry. He has all that green stuff in its mouth."

Debin
05/25/2002, 12:46 AM
Oh man, the nori clip is just too funny! And Daddy TV...that needs to be put somewhere on Reefcentral :)

adamgrandprix
05/25/2002, 02:25 AM
Right now, I have a clear plastic deli container from Jewel (major grocery store here in Chicagoland) with rock rubble and frags in it in the middle of my tank. There are a couple delicate frags growing out and attaching to the rubble in there but anytime my non-reef friends comes by lately, they see it and ask if I feed the fish potato salad.

But the best reaction I ever got was from my wife when I was arranging some rock in the tank and a cleaner shrimp jumped on my arm and started cleaning me... she screamed and thought the shrimp was biting me.

Project Reef
05/25/2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by PorscheGuy964
I have a nephnew who asked my why I painted all my rocks purple.....And My friend who is Columbian, well his aunt from columbia came to visit and it took a use like a week to convince her hat the corals are NOT fruits or vegtables....He has a fish only system and she was looking at mine wondering what all these "plantas" were...that was funny at first but then annoying about five days later...heheheh,lol. hmm oh and my dad got all worryed when my cleaner shrimp was cleaning one of my fish..."Porscheguy come quike your shrimp is eating one of your fish"....that was a riot...

The funniest part was your dad calling you Porscheguy. lolollol

jimroth
05/25/2002, 12:18 PM
Back when I had a FO tank, I had a nice sized snowflake moray eel. My older son was a toddler then, and I showed him all the fish.
"...and that's an EEL..."
The next day he came running up to the tank, looking at all the fish. He saw the snowflake, and said,
"Look, Dad, there's EEYORE!"
Eeyore he remained, until the day he went back the the LFS.

dollarz81
05/25/2002, 12:27 PM
A few months ago, my mother-in law came to visit, and she was in love with my tank. She would just sit and watch my cleaner shrip clean my tang...she was impressed. Well, one day i came home from work to find a weird grin on her face. Aparently they went to the beach and she caught a six inch crab thinking it would be a nice addition to my tank. THE DARN THING ATE EVERYTHING IN MY TANK. When i told her the price of the meal that her little crab just ate, she quickly wrote a check for over 3 hundred dollars. Needless to say, she stayed away from the tank ever since.

turtlespd
05/25/2002, 03:03 PM
Tank full of corals and all.....Guests come over who knowing nothing about reefs.." HEy how come you always have a tank full of rock", (good grief)

Paul

Mr. Gadget
05/25/2002, 03:14 PM
My favorites comes from my 6 year old, Daddy, that snail (fighting conch) has a long penis.

My signature line also says it all.

SaltwaterSensei
05/25/2002, 07:23 PM
oh gezzzz

Alice
05/25/2002, 08:37 PM
I was in the process of switching over tanks and had finally caught the %$%# rock crab that had been giving me fits. I gave the crab to my son to hang onto and walked into the other room for a container. I hear my husband yell "What are you doing with that?!!! Put that back in your Mother's tank RIGHT NOW!"

Sigh.

;)

Alice

nk57
05/25/2002, 08:39 PM
Ugh... people consitently come into our living room and look at the reef with all of the coral and say "wow those are some beautiful plants you have there". Most of them will say I like your other tank better (its FOWLR)

Nancy

coral lady
05/25/2002, 09:10 PM
One day when my son and I were at the local fish store (he is 4)
he found A coral- banded shrimp for sale, He asked me what it was,and I told him,He finally bugged me enough until I gave into buying it for him.

We took it home put it in the tank, his dad came home, he runs
to meet him, yelling, daddy! daddy! come look we got A rubber-
band shrimp!:spin2:

chicki
05/25/2002, 09:41 PM
These are just too funny!!
Mine is about my Dad, whom is 81 yrs old. When he came over to see my "new live rock"! and I told him how much it cost...he said, holy smokes! you could've just come over and I would have given you all the rock you wanted for nothing! Then went on about the price of coal when he was a kid....

baja_01
05/26/2002, 08:18 PM
:lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lolspin: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: