PDA

View Full Version : frogspawn color question

Frizz
07/18/2006, 06:52 PM
I recently bought a mail order frogspawn that was supposed to be green. Well it isn't very green but other than the color, it is a lovely piece. I have heard that you can manipulate the color somewhat with diet. Anyone know anything about how to do that?
Thanks,
Frizz

Bcollins111900
07/18/2006, 09:56 PM
they make foods with dyes in them. My personal fav (not sure if it has dyes, I dont think it does) I like cyclopeeze. Great food for a froggy.

Frizz
07/19/2006, 09:53 AM
Dyes?! really? I thought that it was more a matter of specific feed. I don't think that Cyclopeeze contains a dye. Some things contain nutrients with a lot of caritines in them. They feed that to flamingos to keep them nice & pink in the zoos but it isn't a dye. clopeze encourage green zooxanthilliae?

Bcollins111900
07/19/2006, 10:57 AM
proper lighting and flow requirements, spot feeding, and good water conditions will help encourage zooxanthilliae(sp). I have always used cyclopeeze and mysis shrimp to spot feed and I have had great results. 2 heads of my 8 headed torch colony released extra zooxanthilliae the other evening becuase it produces to much.

Frizz
07/19/2006, 11:05 AM
thank you