PDA

View Full Version : help

TKByrnes
07/18/2006, 04:12 PM
ok here is my problem...... I went to a lfs and purchased about 15 lbs of lr i specificly (not sure about spelling) asked them if the lr was fully cured and they said that they have had it for 3 months and it was the last that they had before the new shipment. it was on sale for $1.99 a lb. well a week after it has been in my tank the amonia is .8 i just did a water change yesterday. should i do another one or what should i do????

Billybeau1
07/18/2006, 04:25 PM
What is currently in your tank ?

TKByrnes
07/18/2006, 05:38 PM
half black angel, coral beauty angel, chalk bass, foxface, 3 anemone's, gsp, golden polyps, snails, blue legs.... i think thats it. the niger trigger already died but i think he died from the half black picking on him and he got too stressed. I just picked up sone stuff from lfs my fiance works at called ammo lock made by aquarium pharmaceuticals. it says it doesnt remove ammonia it just detoxifies it. do you think it will work?

loup
07/18/2006, 05:58 PM
I would do another water change. I've never used any chemical in my tank to lower ammo or nitrate. I'm afraid of the effect they might have on my livestock. Water changes and test again.

xian
07/18/2006, 06:09 PM
Amquel will reduce ammonia, you could also run some carbon. In the future you should be careful with "cured" live rock as there is usually something dead in it.
.8 should cycle through soon enough. A couple water changes won't hurt.

TKByrnes
07/18/2006, 06:21 PM
ok will do thanks