PDA

View Full Version : Impossible fine tuning with Koralline reactor

bearpeidog
07/16/2006, 09:20 PM
I have no idea how anyone gets these things dialed in! I am trying to adjust my drip rate to 40 DPM. But I either get a stream, way to slow or nothing. If you even breath on the valves it alters it considerably.

Am I missing something? I'm attempting to control the drip rate with the shutoff valves provided with the reactor.

I also don't see how I'll ever get #1 to a 2 DPM count!

dgtlwrx
07/16/2006, 09:26 PM
What are you using to feed the reactor? T from return, powerhead, siphon? It worked out best for me when I just siphon from the sump.

I was checking out another reefers setup today and he used a mini powerhead, but swapped out the orange valves from some better ones from US plastics.

bearpeidog
07/16/2006, 10:05 PM
Yup using a power lifter to pressure the reactor (recommended as the best mothod by Koralline). Using two outputs also.

Did he get better control with the new valves or just no leaks. (another common issue reported in these forums)

dgtlwrx
07/16/2006, 10:27 PM
Better control. I never had a leak with my valves until I went to a presurized setup.

currently I'm just siphoning from the sump, working well so far, but I think I'm going to try out the powerhead/new valse setup.