View Full Version : MH?? maybe.. but which to buy??

ThaNgBOm321
07/15/2006, 11:33 AM
hello all, my beloved tank will be broke down and will be re set-up in the new house. that bring me to upgrading her. i have a few triad t5 ballast ( actually 4 ballast that run 2 54 watt t5 ) which was my original plan to run my tank on t5 only. but, my bro said what about t5 MH combo?? my tank is rather tall ( 72'' x 24'' in the middle but only 16'' on the ends x 30'' tall it's a bow front ) and i plan on growing lps and sps. which ballast should i buy?? what bulb should i run? ( i was thinking 10k bulbs since i will have t5 supps ) mony is a issue but if it's that much more worth it then i will try to dig up the $$ Oh and plzz give a link or what not to buy the equipment at . Ohh and i think i would habe to get a retrofit kit if i do go with a mh w/t5 supss since im not too good with electric

thx

ThaNgBOm321
07/15/2006, 07:28 PM
bumpity bump for me....

anjhof
07/15/2006, 10:09 PM
I have 2 250 ARO ballasts which are working good for me. You can get good prices on all your lighting needs at championlighting.com or hellolights.com.
I would just buy the ballasts and the moguls to screw the bulbs into, and of course the bulbs from one of these places. You can email them and they are helpful.

tangdiver
07/15/2006, 10:54 PM
PFO all the way...IMO better quality, and I have used them for many, many, many years...trust them all the way...not much more for investing in your tank

Grant

Ti
07/16/2006, 01:16 AM
PFO is pretty darn awesome

ThaNgBOm321
07/16/2006, 03:11 PM
what wattage do you think is good if i go the MH way?? 250 se??? de? and if i do go de, how much more are the bulbs? and how much more heat do the put out?? how big are the luminetic III reflector? and are they worth it??