PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Monti Cap frag?

Scribe
07/12/2006, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone, Just wondering if anyone has any Monti Cap frags. I have a nice pink piece growing, and would like to try another color. I'm more then happy to buy, or will glady trade if I have something you'd like. I'd be more then happy to give you pounds and pounds of live rock covered in blue and purple mushrooms for a piece of a cap.

spankey
07/13/2006, 07:07 AM
Scribe, I have some orange monti cap if you are interested!!! Let me know. I could possibly meet you sometime over the weekend and swap? Here is a pic of the mother colonly.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/spankeyt1473/OrangeCap.jpg

PM me and let me know if you are interested. I have a frag growing right now that is over and inch and a half wide? I also have another one that is over 2-3 inches wide. Its up to you. Plus the mother colony of course...

Thanks

Scribe
07/14/2006, 11:35 PM
That piece looks nice spankey. Is it red or pink? Mine looks similar to this, but is a bright pink under 20ks. What kind of lights is the one in the picture under?

spankey
07/15/2006, 07:01 AM
Scribe,

Its orange with orange polyps. My lighting at the time of the photo was 150W 20K XM HQI bulbs. I am now running the phoenix 14k's and the cap looks even better! :) I have a pinkish purple one as well. The pink one is a very slow grower. But the orange one doubles in size in a month and a half!

Spankey

sjfishguy
07/17/2006, 10:25 PM
I have a piece of a green cap with purple rim for trade. It is on the bottom of my tank so it has turned brown, but will get back to a nice color under your lights. Email me if you are interested richandres1@hotmail.com

spankey
07/18/2006, 07:58 PM
Scribe!

All the frags look great and are open! Thanks for a great trade!
Sal:)

Scribe
07/18/2006, 08:50 PM
Glad you like them, and there opening up nicely for you. Yours are adjusting as well. Good to meet you, and thanks for the nice pieces.